Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Beckett's new sports ticker...

Beckett's new sports ticker...
Hi All,

I just noticed that Beckett has a little sports ticker like-thing going on on the homepage showing rises and falls in BV.

Is there some sort of link that shows all the rises and falls without me having to sit there for 40 minutes watching every topps mini gold card raise in BV, until I get to a card that I care about?

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

RE: Beckett's new sports ticker...
I was wondering the same thing, as the current ticker seems pretty pointless.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I made a thread about this is the beckett.com suggestions forum and nobody has chimed in. Its absolutely useless without being able to click it or sort it to see whats moved

One would think that if they had all the information in one place, enough to create a ticker system, that it would be able to be cut and pasted in post or something. Eh, maybe one day.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

Hey its an improvement. maybe they are testing the forums to see every ones reaction on this. You can say they are trying so lets give them that. Another way you can see who is doing what and you can go to your organizer to check some cards yourself in the meantime
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

(10-14-2013, 01:12 PM)waynetalger Wrote: Hey its an improvement.
This was pretty much my reaction. I think it's awesome. But I also think I should be able to add another column to my custom view in ORD that shows that indicator. In any case, it is still pretty cool.

I saw it last week....didn't see anythng about it, so figured I missed something. It's not something (values) I spend any time on, but I thought it was a cool little add-in and adds a pizazz to the site re "real-time" pricing. I think it will come in handy as you can pin-point what series/group of cards has been "re-valued" that day (or feel your heart sink when a card of yours bottoms out....LOL). I don't know enough about the site after 2 years to still know what I'm missing so can't comment on price posting/listings
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(10-14-2013, 12:47 PM)djohn Wrote: I was wondering the same thing, as the current ticker seems pretty pointless.
Not only pointless, but it bogs down my loading time when I open Beckett on my iPad. I wish it would just mysteriously disappear as quickly as it mysteriously appeared. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

How come Gattis has all those red down arrows today?

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(10-14-2013, 02:40 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: How come Gattis has all those red down arrows today?
He's out of the post-season .... out of sight / out of mind?
Who knows.
Hey, Maybe the arrows are controlled by some randomizer thingy? Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.