`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Graded Wall Display -- My Attempt

RE: Graded Wall Display -- My Attempt
I'm telling ya the dark ones are where its at lol They look awesome!
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

I think so too. But, I have an extra piece of plexi, perfectly sized for a two row case. I think I'm going to build one and make it a light color just to see how the frame and backing contrast looks.

Wowzers, 3 12 hour days in a row slinging an average of 1000 tires on to racks per day kills you. Good days work, but not a lot of extra time for my framing.

Here's where the single row one is at:

[Image: 0317141528b_zps0fffcdb7.jpg]

[Image: 0317141528a_zps1b929c67.jpg]

[Image: 0317141528_zpsf14e619d.jpg]

Clearcoating is happening tomorrow.

Good news! I took an order for a 6 card single row one touch case, and she wants it in a light color, left the choice up to me. This one will be started later this evening and finished in the "Natural" finish that I thought looked so grand! Can't wait to see how this one ends up.

Latest update. Black 12 card case is FINALLY done, and I am moving right along on the 6 card one touch case with the natural stain.

[Image: DSC_0515_zps9e2253db.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0519_zps2841d4a3.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0518_zps244786bc.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0521_zps043767b7.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0524_zps5d79aaad.jpg]

Think I'm going to do a tall narrow one to fit an odd corner in my office, since I'm out of wall space (it's almost like a four seasons room, there are windows on three sides pretty much wall to wall). I'm up to 149 cards on my PC now.....kinda filled my cases as I have them laid out.

Wow, this little one came out freaking GORGEOUS. Not for a BGS slab, but still......I love the color.

[Image: 0331141925_zps157b2443.jpg]

[Image: 0331141925a_zps8db14e0f.jpg]

Here's the long one that I finished about a week or so ago now. Pretty neat display he has.

[Image: Rich_zpse2512720.jpg]

He wanted it no wider than the pic above the cards, but only wide enough to tightly fit as many cards as possible in the given parameter. I think it came out pretty nice.

Hey man everything looks great and glad your getting more orders coming thru. Thanks for my frames and the inspection board they arrived great. Sorry I didn't post earlier but been busy. Just wanted to say thanks and keep up the good work.

It's all good man. I figured life got in the way, lol. Glad you're happy with everything.

I must say these frames look awesome. Have you ever made a case that holds BGS or PSA graded cards sideways? There are a lot of side photo cards out there.

I haven't done one solely for landscape cards, but it would be very easy to do. Just change a couple of dimensions and keep the construction the same.

Well, I've REALLY slowed down building these, simply because I work as much OT as I can at work and that's significantly lengthened the production time. I just finished this one after almost TWO MONTHS of work, mainly because it's black. Black is a complete PITA because it's one coat of stain per day, and fifty million coats for complete coverage. Then you smooth it with 400 grit or steel wool, then fifty million more coats to fill in the thin spots again. The smooth again. Then a hundred million coats of polyurethane, smoothing every 20 million so you get a very nice smooth finish. This is the largest one I've sold to anyone which also slowed production down.

Sold a few since the last update, and I have one I'm working on (a three row in "gasp" black again) and am doing a custom one for a guy that's really different due to what it's for.

Here's the nice one I jsut did though:

[Image: 0622141810_zpsfe44c5b9.jpg]

[Image: 0622141808a_zps6bb99657.jpg]

But this is how it comes out when done right (I still had smoothing and more coats to do but this was pretty close to being done):
[Image: 0608141647a_zps3ec4fdcb.jpg]