`
 (Toll Free)
Poll: Do you like the JSA service?
Yes, Had a Great Experience
Its Okay, No Problems
Terrible, Going to PSA!
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
JSA is questionable!!
10-09-2013, 02:43 PM
JSA is questionable!!
I have to say I am extremely disappointed in JSA. I am a fan of Beckett grading, and JSA has partnered up with them for their authentication process. I had seven cards from the 91 & 93 Heisman set, all autographed by the seven Notre Dame winners. I bought these cards through a JSA authorized dealer, each have gone through the stamp of approval program and each having JSA's official sticker on the back. I assumed that sending them back to JSA was just protocol to having them slabbed by Beckett. To my surprise, only two of the seven passed and were sent to Dallas after almost three months. The other five have been deemed possibly not authentic. My question is why were they before and not now? JSA was kind and offered a reimbursement for the authentication process, as well to buy back the cards as to keep them off the market. I took issue with that and taking the authentication refund, but not the cost of the cards and asked for my property back. They are going to strip the stickers off the cards, now leaving them un-gradable, and sending them back to me. I am also pulling the other two from Beckett before they are slabbed and sending all seven to PSA. This situation is truly disheartening and I now question the validity of their process. They do not have faith in their own authentication to stick with their original assessment, so why should I? I am going to post this review anywhere and everywhere I can as I am sure they will not allow this post on the JSA website. I posted it there, so if they do, I will be surprised.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2013, 07:33 PM
RE: JSA is questionable!!
This is a follow up to my JSA experience. After many emails and phone conversations with James Spence III, this was his solution to the fact they no longer authenticate five cards that they previously deemed authentic. These were also the same authenticators according to James. I got $20 a card ($100) for them to "buy them back" from me, a $140 credit with JSA for future authentications and I told them I wanted my property back, the five cards the took their JSA sticker off of. The other three cards I sent them they authenticated and they were slabbed by Beckett (2 of which were from the set of 7). I am more then likely going to sent them to PSA and see what they say. If they are good, I will pop the two I have out of the Beckett cases, peel the JSA sticker of the back of the cards and get all seven authenticated/graded by PSA/DNA. I understand what James was saying when they now believe that they are not authentic, but why were they deemed authentic before and I spent hundreds of $$$ on them??? Their own site says the following......

"Our Stamp of Approval (SOA). For low-end autographs, you can't beat the James Spence Authentication Stamp of Approval. An unnumbered, logo-trademarked sticker is adhered to your flat single-signed collectible (dimension requirements - 8” x 10” or smaller) after examination. There is no additional paperwork or website registration, just our solid assurance that your autographed items are 100% legitimate. This service costs just $4. The minimum submission is 25 pieces and the values of the qualified products are up to the discretion of the authenticator ($20 or less)"

So, what the hell? Beckett made me send them in as standard procedure, and then JSA all of a sudden changed their mind and removed their sticker?!?! Okay, well now I am all upset about the situation again. I just wanted to give a follow up.

Please let me know if you have had this issue.

Tracy
USMC
11-22-2013, 11:21 PM
I have a heap of early 90's basketball autos that BGS won't grade any longer and said I need to send them to JSA. Makes we wonder if paying $30 per card to have JSA authenticate the auto's is worth it.
11-23-2013, 08:30 AM
(11-22-2013 11:21 PM)ferraripower2005 Wrote:  I have a heap of early 90's basketball autos that BGS won't grade any longer and said I need to send them to JSA. Makes we wonder if paying $30 per card to have JSA authenticate the auto's is worth it.

Probably if you know they are from a licensed from a card company that you would have got out of the pack. Plus, then you can either have them graded, or at the very least, encapsulated for the future. The reason for those early autos is because standard were not put in place then and one of the companies, the ones that did the Skybox Autographics I believe, had some integrity issues when they were filling bankruptcy, so JSA & Beckett want to make sure that auto is not one of those that were faked to build revenue. As far as paying $30 per card, I would say it would depend on the monetary value, as well as the personal value (whether it is you favorite player or team).
12-07-2013, 04:34 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2013 06:44 AM by creativemunky.)
Now on the JSA removing the stickers, I feel you have been too light on them. I would have considered that as damage to the original item you have sent them. If they can not encase them, than that can be accepted and move on. But physically altering your property is a completely different story. I can understand JSA's reasoning behind it, but that still doesnt make it right. Also, when they assign the "value" to the cards they are giving you so they can keep them, does that include the original charge for the JSA auth service from before? And what good is a credit at JSA if you plan on not using them again?