`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 topps chrome Jurickson Profar Gold 1/1 RC Auto, Whats it worth?

RE: 2013 topps chrome Jurickson Profar Gold 1/1 RC Auto, Whats it worth?
Bottom line is you and you alone own the supply for this card, so demand will dictate what you can get for it. He had a so-so rookie year, that said, he's 19-20 years old and is seen as the next superstar shortstop. You'd be selling pretty low on a player with that kind of perceived ceiling.

Example: I busted a box of Platinum, got a Puig CES auto redemption. Put it on ebay for $750/BO. This is a card /25 so there were a few others out there, a few of which were in auction. With 2 days left the highest auction price was up to $320, some guy offered me $600, I jumped all over it. The auction ended at about $525 so I made out in my eyes. A week later I popped another Puig auto from Platinum, orange refractor /5. The other 4 are on eBay for Buy it Now at about $600 a piece. They've been up there for a while. I am not taking less than $1G for this card so I put in the code and I'll wait for the card to come in the mail. It's all about what you think the card is worth and if you're willing to wait.
[Image: XjsuPlx.jpg]

So far sitting on it sounds like the best advice. With that being said, like in basketball, sometimes RCs get alot of hype and they fizzle out and their rookies are never worth as much as their rc year. Is that a possibilty here?
Looks a little of center, I dont know if it would make 9.5, the rest of the card is immaculate. Thanks for the advice guys.

photo ScreenShot2013-10-09at10039AM.png

photo ScreenShot2013-10-09at10104AM.png

I wouldn't waste the money grading it but that is a very nice looking card!

Not sure if Im going to, that auto would most likely get a 9 because the streaking.

I wouldn't waste the money grading a 1/1 card either. Kind of pointless. Very beautiful card. As for him fizzling out...it's possible. You would have to do some research and see who they have in the minors that might be better than him. Then again...he might have an incredible 2nd year like I think Puig will. That is totally your decision though mate. Good luck!
[Image: 286z31h.png]

Bucket: http://s863.photobucket.com/user/uncfan011/library/?sort=3&page=1

Also, if a card isn't graded then please do not list it as "mint" to bump the trade value. I trade nrmt-mt unless graded. Sorry

(10-09-2013, 12:00 PM)fgarvis Wrote: Bottom line is you and you alone own the supply for this card, so demand will dictate what you can get for it. He had a so-so rookie year, that said, he's 19-20 years old and is seen as the next superstar shortstop. You'd be selling pretty low on a player with that kind of perceived ceiling.

Example: I busted a box of Platinum, got a Puig CES auto redemption. Put it on ebay for $750/BO. This is a card /25 so there were a few others out there, a few of which were in auction. With 2 days left the highest auction price was up to $320, some guy offered me $600, I jumped all over it. The auction ended at about $525 so I made out in my eyes. A week later I popped another Puig auto from Platinum, orange refractor /5. The other 4 are on eBay for Buy it Now at about $600 a piece. They've been up there for a while. I am not taking less than $1G for this card so I put in the code and I'll wait for the card to come in the mail. It's all about what you think the card is worth and if you're willing to wait.
Thanks for your advice, I read your post after I posted the pictures. Sounds like ill be sitting on it for a while then.

(10-09-2013, 01:20 PM)accfan01 Wrote: I wouldn't waste the money grading a 1/1 card either. Kind of pointless.
This. The only reason demand for a graded card should be lower due to a low grade is because some of those people would be waiting for a higher graded one to buy. Obviously that won't happen with a 1/1, so it should sell for exactly the same amount no matter the grade. If it were mine, I would probably authenticate it though, just to get it slabbed for protection. (But that's also because I would be keeping it instead of selling, so YMMV)