`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noob Question

Noob Question
Sorry if this isn't the right place, but where is the best place you guys believe for hobby boxes. i've been using dacardworld very often as of now. should i be looking any where else.

RE: Noob Question
Steel City Collectibles is by far the best IMO. Free shipping over $25, insanely good customer service, and the lowest prices. They almost always ship priority mail, so you place an order and have it in 48 hours.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

(10-05-2013, 11:31 PM)cross4444 Wrote: Steel City Collectibles is by far the best IMO. Free shipping over $25, insanely good customer service, and the lowest prices. They almost always ship priority mail, so you place an order and have it in 48 hours.
I used SteelCity back when they were still Pittsburgh Cards (collectibles?) and they were really good. Been price shopping and on any given day, most of the online places are within $5 of each other. The extras that I used to get from Dave and Adams was a nice incentive in the past, plus the always have the $5 off code in Beckett each month. Never had customer service issues with them or Blowout or the former Pittsburgh / now SteelCity either. Free shipping over $25 certainly is a nice incentive for placing smaller orders. .... I know, I didn't help you at all Smile
You can't go wrong with the 3 I mentioned. I only bought from one other ..., can't remember .... But they were nice and sent 2 boxes of top loaders with my order. Nice touch ... Now if only I remember their name.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I started with Dave and Adam's and used Blowout for a while. Now, I get almost everything with Chris at the Hobby Box. (cardsinfinity.com) The prices between the 3 are almost always within a couple dollars of each other so I buy my stuff from Chris for a couple reasons:
- I watch his box breaks all the time on youtube to figure out what products I want to buy, so I figured I might as well support him
- Purely superstition, but I have pulled all but three of my 1/1's out of boxes I bought from him. I seem to have better luck in the boxes I buy there. :-)
- He is just a good guy. The few times I have had a question about something, I have received an email back from him personally, and usually within a few minutes.

Thanks guys, i'll give them a shot. Appreciate the feedback.