`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Everyone's Help! Finder's Fee! Look Inside!
Rainbow 
Need Everyone's Help! Finder's Fee! Look Inside!
I am looking for 1997 Topps Marbles Chipper Jones, Andruw Jones, Tom Glavine and Mike Mussina. If anyone helps me find and secure one of these I will send you a list of nice cards to choose from to choose one for helping me out!

RE: Need Everyone's Help! Finder's Fee! Look Inside!
I will print your post out and bring it to Twin Cities Sports Collectibles Club show tomorrow. How much should I buy each card for if someone has them? Price range?

These things are super rare, I'd go as high as $75 on the Andruw Jones, $200 on the chipper, $60 on the glavine and $45 on the mussina.

Pricing is so hard to track because they rarely pop up and when they do either nobody knows what they are and they go for half of book or people are waiting to pounce and go for double book
P.S. They are not cards, they are marbles. People will look at you funny when you ask

Interesting... I will check with all the dealers tomorrow. If I am able to get one, I will. I will also get dealer's contact info if they have more than 1 of these so you can contact them directly, since I have a limited budget for tomorrow (can buy 1 I'm sure if available). I'll post back tomorrow about 6 pm central time and let you know how it goes.

Forgot to mention, lots of oddball stuff there, so chances are OK, I think???

I really appreciate it! You might have a better shot at finding one than most since these were Canada exclusive

(10-04-2013, 08:12 PM)eisenhower76 Wrote: I will print your post out and bring it to Twin Cities Sports Collectibles Club show tomorrow. How much should I buy each card for if someone has them? Price range?
By the way these are actual marbles and not cards. They were originally packaged 2 marbles per pack. Here is a completed auction for an Eddie Murray one to give you an idea of what they look like.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1997-TOPPS-PROSH...7675.l2557
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

No luck today at Twin Cities Sports Collectibles Club show near Minneapolis. A few vendors have heard of them but no one ever had any. Sorry!

OP are you building the set or just need these 4?? Ive been looking for a Canseco for my PC for sometime and haven't seen one to date. There was a guy on Ebay about 6 months back or so that sold off a bunch of these but not one of my guy.
My funny athlete names collection: https://www.facebook.com/groups/935847757314558
IG: dicks_n_funny_athlete_names
Whatnot: funnyathletenames

(10-05-2013, 07:44 PM)eisenhower76 Wrote: No luck today at Twin Cities Sports Collectibles Club show near Minneapolis. A few vendors have heard of them but no one ever had any. Sorry!
Thanks so much for checking! these things are my white whale!
(10-05-2013, 08:33 PM)showstopper2 Wrote: OP are you building the set or just need these 4?? Ive been looking for a Canseco for my PC for sometime and haven't seen one to date. There was a guy on Ebay about 6 months back or so that sold off a bunch of these but not one of my guy.
I'm building the Braves/Orioles team sets. I'd lose my mind trying to get them all!

Since these were released in Canada, did you try contacting some of the hockey guys? A lot of them are from Canada and might now someone or a store that has some.
My Bucket -
Not very up to date