`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best IP Auto...post pics if possible

RE: Best IP Auto...post pics if possible
Wow...I'd love to get my hands on a yaz auto for my sox PC....I had one recently that I had to sell Sad
[Image: image_zps2colexaf.jpeg]
Looking for Mookie Betts, Antonio Brown, Pedroia, Andrew McCutchen, David Ortiz, Draymond Green

(10-04-2013, 06:31 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I may be in the minority here, but I have always disagreed with the notion of "de-valuing" cards by getting them signed ... to me, they are worth more, because they ... are ... signed.

Put it this way ... if you pull Mike Trout's base RC out of a pack of cards, and then pull his certified auto RC out of a pack of cards, which one is worth more?

Obviously some people look at it no differently than say a bent corner or a crease, which I understand ... and it may be tougher to sell a non-certified IP auto, but would you ever sell those Yaz cards in the first place?

So in that sense, they are worth much more to you than the same ones unsigned.

but if you pull a trout base and have him sign you're out a $12 card which is awesome because you saw him sign it as opposed to a mint Yaz worth a few hundred. I'm all for IP autos but not on high dollar cards

Are you gonna have Hank Aaron sign his Rookie card?

IP Spring Training 2012 photo adunniup.jpg

Spring training 2012
[Image: bZcet.png]
(Banner by jbel4331)
Adam Dunn Super Collector.

I don't do a lot of IP autographs, but I summoned enough courage to get these. Got the ball and mini helmet at Yogi Berra Day at the NJ Jackals:

[Image: 20131005_103941.jpg]

[Image: 20131005_103904-1.jpg]

Got Fergie in Cooperstown a few years back during the Hall of Fame game:

[Image: 20131005_103912-1.jpg]
2009 New York Yankees Autos Project: 29/52 (56% complete)

[Image: EAiRylN.png]

Sig courtesy jbel4331

This would be mine even though Schmidt wouldn't put 548 HRs because I didn't pay the $5 inscription fee. Carlton and Rose just put their numbers on it. My bad for assuming he would do it cause the they did.

[Image: 189_zps46e971ca.jpg]
Collecting Phillies base cards from 1950-present
Collecting all catcher prospect and rookie cards

(10-04-2013, 08:29 PM)hongkongfooey Wrote: but if you pull a trout base and have him sign you're out a $12 card which is awesome because you saw him sign it as opposed to a mint Yaz worth a few hundred. I'm all for IP autos but not on high dollar cards

I think as long as you get it certified by PSA or Beckett as authentic, it does add value. I see uncertifed cards all the time and they do sell as good. Now like you said, if it is a ex. 500 dollar 1960 rc signed, I don't know. If it was certified RC of Mantle, that card would multiply the value for sure.
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/kollectornet/

Mainly collect Harry Douglas, Baltimore sports teams and Atlanta sports teams.

[Image: harry.jpg]

[Image: JeterBGS-JSACertifiedAuto.jpg]
[Image: CarewBGS-JSACertifiedAuto.jpg]
[Image: GwynnBGS-JSACertifiedAuto.jpg]
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

(10-07-2013, 08:04 AM)iconms Wrote: [Image: JeterBGS-JSACertifiedAuto.jpg]
[Image: CarewBGS-JSACertifiedAuto.jpg]
[Image: GwynnBGS-JSACertifiedAuto.jpg]
off the cuff. What does it usually run just to get autos authenticated?

The Puig and Trout cost me $35 each through JSA/Beckett, I believe ... $20 for the authentication, $15 for the brick/shipping.
(10-04-2013, 08:29 PM)hongkongfooey Wrote: but if you pull a trout base and have him sign you're out a $12 card which is awesome because you saw him sign it as opposed to a mint Yaz worth a few hundred. I'm all for IP autos but not on high dollar cards

All I know is, when "Fleer" released those signed Jordan RCs in 2006-07 Fleer Basketball, if I would have pulled one, I would have crapped my pants, and then passed out.

Hopefully in that order.

It just depends what you want to do with it. Personally, I would get my best card signed possible ... if I wasn't planning to sell it.

If I had an MJ RC and knew I was going to a private signing or something, I would do it ... because I'd probably never sell it anyway.

(10-07-2013, 04:09 PM)RobbinsDynasty Wrote: off the cuff. What does it usually run just to get autos authenticated?
Some players cost a little more than others. Out of the 3 I posted I think Jeter was $25 and the other 2 were $20. I think $20 is the average price for most.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]