`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 packs of 09 Tribute...WOOO!

2 packs of 09 Tribute...WOOO!
Well the WOO got you in here didn't it! Now that I've finally gotten rid of most of my low end hits, I have zero intention of getting back into that...so today...I went to the LCS...and bought a pack of 09 Tribute for 85 Bucks...here are the goods

Base
Ozzie Smith
Howard Johnson
Jim Palmer

parallel /99
Jay Bruce

and my hit...
Ichiro Jsy /99

these are such beautiful cards. There were only 2 packs left, and I was joking that after my Timeless Treasures dibacle that there's no doubt these packs had to be loaded. He grabs one and tells me "I'm going to open this...if its got a great hit...i'll sell you the pack. Otherwise, I'll keep it." So I took a shot...

Base
Keith Hernandez
Randy Johnson
Roy Campanella

Parallel /219
Manny Ramirez

and the hit...we saw it was GOLD when we first opened the pack, so we jumped around it...we moved the card enough to see it was an auto...then he slow ly exposed the picture WITHOUT showing me. All of a sudden I hear the owner go "oh come on...you're seriously not going to want this"

Ryan Braun auto bat /25

He offered the pack to me for fifty bucks...I told him no thanks...finally he looked at me and goes "I really don't want this card, 30 bucks for the pack"

....needless to say it has a new home.

Here are the scans!
[Image: photo5_zps6114834c.jpg]
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

RE: 2 packs of 09 Tribute...WOOO!
Man nice cards! Too bad you didn't get the braun last year! Tribute is a fun break! I remember in 09 opening one pack and got a Tim Seaver relic and traded it away.

RE: 2 packs of 09 Tribute...WOOO!
(10-03-2013, 07:41 PM)magneto2 Wrote: Man nice cards! Too bad you didn't get the braun last year! Tribute is a fun break! I remember in 09 opening one pack and got a Tim Seaver relic and traded it away.
ya i was buying shooting for old timers, but the ichiro should be a good trader.

who knows if braun cleans up his act and starts nailing homers it might be worth having again someday
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75