`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Private Collections Showing Up for Trade
09-30-2013, 07:45 PM
Private Collections Showing Up for Trade
Some of my collections that are marked private are showing up as public and people are selecting these items for trade. It's not happening with all of my private collections, just a few. Any ideas on what I can do to prevent this from happening?

Looking for Ozzie Guillen, Gordon Beckham, Frank Thomas, Travis Snider, John Starks, White Sox and anything else that catches my eye!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2013, 08:01 PM
RE: Private Collections Showing Up for Trade
Even if the collection is labelled private, if you have something in it with something other than 0 marked in the trade away column others will see it on the trade page and can add it to a trade. All my collections that have items labelled for trade are private. Private means others just can't view the collection on your homepage.

[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Backs, 1977, 1978 and 1979 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball
Justin Verlander, Reno Bertoia, and Alan Trammell
09-30-2013, 08:11 PM
Is this something new? Before you were able to have them marked for trade and as long as it was marked private, they wouldn't show.

Looking for Ozzie Guillen, Gordon Beckham, Frank Thomas, Travis Snider, John Starks, White Sox and anything else that catches my eye!
10-01-2013, 06:53 AM
(09-30-2013 08:11 PM)ozzieguillen13 Wrote:  Is this something new? Before you were able to have them marked for trade and as long as it was marked private, they wouldn't show.

I have been an active trader here for about a year and a half and it has always been that way for me, so the change is at least that old I guess. I am not entirely down on the timelines, but I think I became a beckett member right after, or shortly after, a whole web redesign(?) but did not actively trade for a while as I just used ORG and tried to learn the ropes from reading threads and contributing to threads (I have seen many refer to the "OLD SITE" and from the conversations and comments in threads seems to be slightly before I arrived on the scene). So if you have been around longer than me than perhaps it changed after this redesign(?).

[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Backs, 1977, 1978 and 1979 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball
Justin Verlander, Reno Bertoia, and Alan Trammell