`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sad day today...Helton's last game

RE: Sad day today...Helton's last game
Great player!!! its always sad so see these guys go out, but I think he was about ready and didnt want to go out hitting 200 in 600 abs .......... anyone think he gets into the hall? pretty good numbers and always played for the rockies which is stranger to see nowadays, we saw chipper go, mariano, helton, jeter, and after that its hard to imagine someone at this point going out having played for only one team.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(09-29-2013, 11:31 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: Great player!!! its always sad so see these guys go out, but I think he was about ready and didnt want to go out hitting 200 in 600 abs .......... anyone think he gets into the hall? pretty good numbers and always played for the rockies which is stranger to see nowadays, we saw chipper go, mariano, helton, jeter, and after that its hard to imagine someone at this point going out having played for only one team.
Actually, the trend seems to be staying with one team. David Wright, Kershaw, Tulo, Evan Longoria, Justin verlander, Ryan Braun, Dustin pedroia are just a few of the names that come to mind that have agreed to long term deals to stay with their team.
Joey votto and Rollins, utley, and howard all have spent their entire career with the Phillies. It's been really nice to see
Looking for jose reyes in a Mets uniform
REYES CARD COUNT-366

"the other sports are just sports, baseball is a love"

[Image: 6I7b5.png]

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

I am sad to see him go as well. Growing up in Colorado and having seen every Rockies team since 1993, I can saw Helton was the best hitter to don the purple pinstripes. Can't say I didn't shed a tear or two watching the press conference a couple weeks ago.

Say what you might about altitude, humidor, whatever...the only other man to live with 2500 hits, 550 doubles, and 350+ Home Runs with a career batting average over .310 is Stan Musial--a first-ballot Hall-of-Famer. You don't accrue those kind of stats by crushing the ball at home and striking out on the road. In fact, if you watched Helton play, striking out was never his thing. Watching Todd hit in his prime was like watching Tony Gwynn hit with power. He could hit any pitch, any time, wherever he wanted. He had the best eyes in the game. Although remembered very well by Rockies fans by rocketing opposite field doubles and opposite singles to left field, he just as often took pitches for ball 4 so close to the plate I wouldn't be surprised if they umpires were relying more on his eyes than their own.
Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]

(09-29-2013, 11:10 PM)djohn Wrote: I know how you feel. My favorite player was Gary Carter and then he retired in 1992 and shortly thereafter I started collecting Ivan Rodriguez. Now Ivan has retired and I still haven't found a replacement. I still have lots of holes in my collection, so I am focusing on getting those cards instead of chasing another player (plus there is so much retro stuff that comes out each year with retired stars in it that it seems I am still seeing new cards of Ivan and Carter each year).
I know what y'all are talking about. I was the same way when my only PC player, Nolan Ryan retired in 1993. I was a Junior in High School when Nolan turned off "The Heat". And they are still pumping out cards of "The Ryan Express". They are milking that cash cow!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!