`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps Museum break : Redemption replacement, You want believe this, even if Topps

RE: Topps Museum break : Redemption replacement, You want believe this, even if Topps
As the 'other member', I can say that in my experience Topps is better with high end cards than mid-range or lower cards, as they take requests more seriously or even (as in the case of the triple auto) tell you in advance what they'd send. One the same call I asked about the Tigers triple on, I asked for a replacement for a Five Star relic/auto of Dale Murphy and today received a 2011 Marquee triple relic auto of Nelson Cruz, so I'd say that's a loss (even though the Cruz does have a sweet 4 colour patch as one of the relics). But yeah, replacing with a different sport is awful, as many people only collect one sport. Hopefully you can deal the Fleener for something decent in the baseball world.

(09-23-2013, 10:28 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I'm telling you, Topps is god-awful with redemptions and replacements.

Some other member posted a thread about how he has some redemption for a triple auto relic of Verlander, Cabrera and Fielder, and they offered him a Trout/Cespedes/Montero as a replacement ... yet he didn't take it.

I'm not criticizing his decision ... it's his card, and I hope he gets it (as a Tigers fan I would LOVE to see it), but I'm thinking man, I would bet my right arm that he will never see that card.

I mean, this is a perfect example ... they can't even get the sport right!?!
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

RE: Topps Museum break : Redemption replacement, You want believe this, even if Topps
(09-23-2013, 10:58 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Too bad it's not an elected position! You'd have my vote, RJ!
Its not so much that they got the sport wrong, because If he got an RGIII instead, that would be acceptable. Smile I'm upset that they don't replace within the same set. If I bought Muesum, replace with Museum! If not, Five Star is close enough. But seriously? How can they be so consistently WRONG?
What bothers me the most is the "caliber" of replacement ... i.e., I bought a box of Chrome basketball back in '08-09, which advertised "one rookie autograph refractor per box!" — of course, I never got it (it was a Topps redemption, after all), but they replaced it with ... wait for it ... a common vet auto out of Topps Signature, numbered to like 5,999.

Yeah, thanks, Topps.

I also had a lousy experience with Topps redemption. When I called the customer rep I waited well over an hour to speak to some one. Without going into details, the card I finally got was OK but during the entire experience I had the feeling that if I had not taken action, I would have never received anything, . . . ever.
Always looking for Al Kaline cards - Mr. Tiger!

You can return any card they send you as a replacement, even if you send it back 10 times. Also file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I just called Friday to have three of my redemptions replaced. I told them I don't want to get three of the the same card and all three came from High End products so I wanted something High End in return. She said we'll take care of you sir. We'll see how it goes, i'll let everyone know

i agree with Decriscio. they sent me like 7 million ike davis autos and i was like WTF?? sent it back the first time, sent me a Sandberg auto to 50 and Bucholtz to 50. still have several ike davis. then yesterday envelope from topps came, and shocked the hell out of me. Stras polar bear auto!! send it back!!

In 2012 I opened a blaster of bowman platinum and pulled two auto redemptions.
I sent them off and two weeks later I got the cards. In 2008 I opened a box of bowman chrome and pulled a base auto redemption and sent it off, I am still waiting for it.

(09-23-2013, 11:07 PM)roger rabbit Wrote: As the 'other member', I can say that in my experience Topps is better with high end cards than mid-range or lower cards, as they take requests more seriously or even (as in the case of the triple auto) tell you in advance what they'd send. One the same call I asked about the Tigers triple on, I asked for a replacement for a Five Star relic/auto of Dale Murphy and today received a 2011 Marquee triple relic auto of Nelson Cruz, so I'd say that's a loss (even though the Cruz does have a sweet 4 colour patch as one of the relics). But yeah, replacing with a different sport is awful, as many people only collect one sport. Hopefully you can deal the Fleener for something decent in the baseball world.
And again, please don't take it as me picking on you — but this is another perfect example.

I mean, Nelson Cruz? The one who just got a 50-game ban for steroids?

If I were the Topps employee, there is no way — unless someone actually PC'd Cruz and asked for him specifically — that I would actually send that card to somebody, just out of awareness of the whole PED thing and how most people detest the guys who use them.

I wouldn't send Braun, either ... unless someone asked for him.

So, either they don't know, or they don't care — two big problems in my book.

Oh well, at least it wasn't a bunch of Ike Davis sticker autos.

I seriously am rooting for you to get the Tiger triple ... I am just at a loss for how poor Topps can come through on this stuff sometimes.

Anyway, I'm going to shut my yap now, man, I truly don't want you to think I'm giving you a hard time ... RJ
(09-24-2013, 12:18 PM)snappyjoe75 Wrote: i agree with Decriscio. they sent me like 7 million ike davis autos and i was like WTF?? sent it back the first time, sent me a Sandberg auto to 50 and Bucholtz to 50. still have several ike davis. then yesterday envelope from topps came, and shocked the hell out of me. Stras polar bear auto!! send it back!!
Huh? Strasburg auto? That's pretty decent in my book, do you have a scan? Or am I missing something?

Topps is a joke!!! Like I said before all redemptions go on eBay now so I don't have to deal with it
[Image: YhZT2.png]

DO NOT TRADE: Richard Albers

(09-24-2013, 10:06 PM)spitjean Wrote: Topps is a joke!!! Like I said before all redemptions go on eBay now so I don't have to deal with it
Ya'know, that's pretty good advice. I've got 5 or 6 that I haven't entered yet. Might be better with the cash in hand, than complaining 18 months from now!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Latest update! Never got any call back from the customer service supervisor, Vincent, whom I called five times so I went the regular route and called Topps' wonderful 800 number from their website.

I was caller number four in line and got to actually speak with Mike in customer service after only 38 minutes of hearing "I'm David Wright and did you know topps has been making baseball cards, blah, blah, blah. 38 minutes to answer the phone, that would get you fired where I work.

When this Mike guy came on the line I explained the problem and his first reaction was you got a card in return. Then he asks me who is Coby Fleener? He had never heard of him. Obviously he didn't open any topps football last year because almost every box had a Fleener or Michael Egnew auto in it.

I explain that I had bought a medium to semi high end BASEBALL product and got a low end no logo football auto in return.

Mike places me on hold for 12 minutes comes back and tells me I should have gotten a baseball auto in the package. So I tell him, yes, I know I should have gotten a baseball auto because that is the sport that I had purchased in the first place! Rocket science for sure on this one.

So, he tells me he will check and call me back. To Mike's credit he did call me back!

I get to at my expense mail the Fleener auto back to topps! Then they will send me a baseball auto.

I am SURE! (LOL) that I will get a "quality card" back in return. A total waste of money on my part but I am going to do it, just out of principal.

Wish me luck!