`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
advice wanted on moving large quantities of hits

advice wanted on moving large quantities of hits
Well, now that I have an LCS, you've all seen that I've been really focusing on quality, not quantity on my collection. In the past 3 weeks, I've been able to get 3 holy grails for my collection, and I'm slowing down on buying boxes (well...cheap boxes...now I do 100+ dollar packs lol).

Now that I've been able to rein in my collecting, I really want to get rid of my lower end stuff (jerseys/autos/RCs etc). Most of them are like 1-20 bucks. Any ideas how I can get rid of them fast? Plus, I'll be transferring colleges in a few months and moving downstate to live on my own, so it'd be nice to shrink the collection down and get SOMETHING out of them (not a lot, but something!)

I don't really want to go the way of the bay on singles...I don't have a printer and going to the PO to ship cards that sell for 50 cents to a buck just does not sound appealing to me...maybe selling some lots?

Jacoby, your advice is always helpful since you move so much product, so please give me your 5 cents!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

RE: advice wanted on moving large quantities of hits
Sell them to your LCS for a buck a piece? Craigslist it for a couple bucks a piece? Give them as freebies to board members (this is what I do with lower end items)
no org, please do not send trade requests

you could sell them to me, knowing that 10% to 20% goes to cancer research :p

(09-23-2013, 02:05 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: you could sell them to me, knowing that 10% to 20% goes to cancer research :p
gosh I hate dealing with you Tongue lol sending PM!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

oh, and by the way: got the box today

My LCS had a deal going at one time where the owner would give $1 of credit for every gu card and $2 for every auto. I did that with a bunch of my $1-20 game-used and autos that had been in my possession far too long, and ended up with enough credit to "Trade" for a couple higher-end boxes of cards. Of course, when you do that you don't get the satisfaction of 10-20% going towards cancer research!
Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]

I put up a large lot on Craigslist for pick up only when I wanted to dump. It sold fairly quickly and that was mostly base. If you are asking an honest price people will take it from you to re sell through their stores.

I've dumped a lot of singles that weren't worth listing separately on the bay as huge lots, i.e. 100 card lots of all auto/jersey/patch/relics for a buy it now price of $150 or $200. I list all the cards in the lot, highlight the top items in the title and at the top of my description. It's a lot of work, but that way the buyer doesn't have anything to say regarding the cards in the lot because they've seen the list.

(09-24-2013, 02:10 PM)kstjst Wrote: I've dumped a lot of singles that weren't worth listing separately on the bay as huge lots, i.e. 100 card lots of all auto/jersey/patch/relics for a buy it now price of $150 or $200. I list all the cards in the lot, highlight the top items in the title and at the top of my description. It's a lot of work, but that way the buyer doesn't have anything to say regarding the cards in the lot because they've seen the list.
Agreed, listing every card helps even though it'll take you some time. I sold a lot of 110 insert cards with every card description listed for $85 recently. Buyers are less hesitant when they don't think you are hiding junk hits beneath the pictures and description.

(09-24-2013, 02:10 PM)kstjst Wrote: I've dumped a lot of singles that weren't worth listing separately on the bay as huge lots, i.e. 100 card lots of all auto/jersey/patch/relics for a buy it now price of $150 or $200. I list all the cards in the lot, highlight the top items in the title and at the top of my description. It's a lot of work, but that way the buyer doesn't have anything to say regarding the cards in the lot because they've seen the list.
I do the same only on blowout, when i want to move a lot of stuff and clear up some room or I just need the money I'll throw together a killer lot and sell it for 100-200.00
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]