Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opened 2 Tier One boxes

Opened 2 Tier One boxes
Hi all,

Everyone has been opening Tier One boxes, so I thought I would try a couple. Didn't have the greatest luck, but I might have done ok. I will put these cards in my Organizer later, but wanted to tell everyone what I got.

First box:
On The Rise Auto 096/299 Drew Storen
Tier One Relic 046/399 John Smoltz
Crowd Pleaser Autograph 01/25 Nelson Cruz best pull????

Second box:
Crowd Pleaser Autograph 177/299 Robin Ventura
On The Rise Autograph 127/299 Todd Frazier
Tier One Relic 362/399 Felix Hernandez
and a Redemption Card for a Tier One Relic of Clayton Kershaw

How did I do? All of these will be available for sale or trade, as I said I'll be putting them in my Organizer later this afternoon. Should I redeem the card or not???
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

RE: Opened 2 Tier One boxes
The Kershaw is nice, unfortunately Cruz was busted for roids so that hurts that card. What's up with all of the Todd Frazier autographs? I've pulled a bunch of him altely too. He must be signing a lot.

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but that was an awful break.
Once again, proof of my Tier One Theorem ... Buy single cards of high end.
It's not your fault for trying to buy Tier One and get something cool. its Topps' fault for populating Tier One with Tier Crap! Cruz WAS you best card, unfortunately! The Kershaw relic may have saved the day a little, (if it wasn't a redemption card, and if it was a signed relic, it would have made a HUGE difference) as a 4th card, it helped average out your loss to an extent.
I picked up about 15 Tier Ones off of eBay for under the cost of 2 boxes. See my post Tier One Theorem for pics and details, if interested.
Sorry you had a bad high end experience. That's what soured me from buying boxes of Tier One, Museum, Tribute, etc, etc. The risk vs. reward ratio stinks! IMO
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(09-24-2013, 04:21 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I don't want to sound like a jerk, but that was an awful break.
Once again, proof of my Tier One Theorem ... Buy single cards of high end.
It's not your fault for trying to buy Tier One and get something cool. its Topps' fault for populating Tier One with Tier Crap! Cruz WAS you best card, unfortunately! The Kershaw relic may have saved the day a little, (if it wasn't a redemption card, and if it was a signed relic, it would have made a HUGE difference) as a 4th card, it helped average out your loss to an extent.
I picked up about 15 Tier Ones off of eBay for under the cost of 2 boxes. See my post Tier One Theorem for pics and details, if interested.
Sorry you had a bad high end experience. That's what soured me from buying boxes of Tier One, Museum, Tribute, etc, etc. The risk vs. reward ratio stinks! IMO
To be truthful, deep down, I knew this wasn't a very good break. It seems to me, and this is just based on memory, that back in the late 90's, if you bought a high end product, you could count on just the stars being in the packs. The 2 boxes of Tier One I bought were really not any better than the boxes of 2004 All-Time Fan Favorites and 2001 Topps Archives that I broke yesterday. At least I got a Carlton Fisk auto in one of the boxes and it books at $80. It comes close to paying for a box.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

(09-24-2013, 11:33 AM)bamyanks Wrote: To be truthful, deep down, I knew this wasn't a very good break. It seems to me, and this is just based on memory, that back in the late 90's, if you bought a high end product, you could count on just the stars being in the packs. The 2 boxes of Tier One I bought were really not any better than the boxes of 2004 All-Time Fan Favorites and 2001 Topps Archives that I broke yesterday. At least I got a Carlton Fisk auto in one of the boxes and it books at $80. It comes close to paying for a box.
That Fisk Auto saved the day! Great pull. Please post a picture whenever possible. I forgot what 2001 Archives look like. ... Same with 2004 fan favorites. Have no memory of them at all! Thanks.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Don't feel bad. I busted 3 boxes and just sold every single one I pulled besides a redemption and I got about $30 back. I'll never buy this junk ever ever ever again.
[Image: h6wRomT.png]