`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the best way to sell sets?

What's the best way to sell sets?
It is looking like I may be switching jobs and moving in the next year. I am getting tired of moving so many cards and am considering selling off some of my complete sets (as I have a TON of them). I was wondering what people think is the best way to sell sets. I have started posting some factory sealed sets on eBay with Fixed Prices and Best Offer options. I just wasn't sure if there were better places to sell and get more for each set. I am not looking to clear everything out super cheap, as I would rather keep some sets than sell them cheaply. I have complete factory sets from the overproduced 80s and 90s as well as hand-collated and factory sets from the 2000s all the way up to 2013.
One thing I have noticed on eBay is that some sellers seem to have better luck getting decent money for sets than others. I haven't noticed anything special about their listings, but am wondering if it is just that they get more eyes on their listings (either through repeat customers, tons of listings, or some other method), or if there is something else I am missing.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

RE: What's the best way to sell sets?
Whatever you do, for the love of all mankind, make sure you know exactly how much it costs to ship ... a couple of years ago I sold a hand-collated set of 2006 Topps football ... for 99 cents.

Yes, 99 cents.

And because I am an honest seller, I went ahead and sent it out, and I had underestimated the shipping cost by about $4 ... so I actually paid someone $3 to take my set away from me.

Was pretty bummed about that for a while.

If you have a 2004 Topps hand-collated set, I'd be interested!
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

I'd be interest in some of the 80s. i'll send you a pm in a sec
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

(09-20-2013, 05:25 AM)cross4444 Wrote: If you have a 2004 Topps hand-collated set, I'd be interested!
I don't a hand-collated 2004 set, but I do have at least 1 factory set of 2004 Topps.
(09-19-2013, 11:56 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Whatever you do, for the love of all mankind, make sure you know exactly how much it costs to ship ... a couple of years ago I sold a hand-collated set of 2006 Topps football ... for 99 cents.

Yes, 99 cents.

And because I am an honest seller, I went ahead and sent it out, and I had underestimated the shipping cost by about $4 ... so I actually paid someone $3 to take my set away from me.

Was pretty bummed about that for a while.
Yea, I am always concerned about shipping costs. I have a shipping scale at home and was planning on using flat rate boxes for most of the sets (as it makes it easier to get exact shipping costs to a buyer).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.

Anyone have any advice about the best place to sell sets, or is eBay it?

If there low End sets? Trade the sets and split the shipping with trader
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

I'd be interested in a 2008 set if you have one.

(09-22-2013, 10:28 PM)Neifert Wrote: I'd be interested in a 2008 set if you have one.
I will double check when I get home, but I am pretty sure I have at least 1 extra 2008 Topps Factory set. I also have a 2008 Topps Opening Day hand collated set, some 2008 Upper Deck Masterpieces hand collated sets (1 with SPs and 1 without), and probably a few other 2008 sets if you are interested.

(09-23-2013, 09:46 AM)djohn Wrote: I will double check when I get home, but I am pretty sure I have at least 1 extra 2008 Topps Factory set. I also have a 2008 Topps Opening Day hand collated set, some 2008 Upper Deck Masterpieces hand collated sets (1 with SPs and 1 without), and probably a few other 2008 sets if you are interested.
yes I am interested. Just let me know what you have and we'll see what we can do. It's the year my son was born and I like to get a few sets of that year .