`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Why I Love a Card Show - Part 2

Why I Love a Card Show - Part 2
$3647.70. That's the total book value of my haul from August's local card show. I spent $100 cherry picking "10 for a dollar" boxes. I added over $1400 to my personal collection and listed the rest for trade. I already posted that.

Last weekend we had another card show and I spent another $100 going through "10 for a dollar" boxes. I ended up with close to 1200 cards so I actually paid less than ten for a dollar. About 450 cards added to my HOF PC this time around and all the rest marked for trade. Here are my top 9 cherry picks from this show. Again no autos or GU but I did get these great additions to my HOF collection. Please excuse the scanner dust.

Yeah. I paid less than a dime apiece for these. The UD Ripken is a Gold Parallel. This is why I love a card show.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

RE: Why I Love a Card Show - Part 2
Great haul, man! Makes me wish we had some card shows in our area.
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

Fantastic, I wonder how those cards find themselves in the bargain bin.

I've been digging through the bargain boxes alot myself when I go to shows. It's alot of fun finding a little gem mixed in with all the junk. It's also a good way to kill some time waiting for the next doorprize Smile
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

(09-19-2013, 01:05 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: I've been digging through the bargain boxes alot myself when I go to shows. It's alot of fun finding a little gem mixed in with all the junk. It's also a good way to kill some time waiting for the next doorprize Smile
Absolutely. My favorite way to kill time. Standing for hours, going through box after box of cards, picking out those little gems and know they are going home with me.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

Nicely done Zep!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Outstanding!
Very jealous that card shows not only exist by you, but they are repeated ! I think we had a card show a few years ago. Sad Sucks!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Sweet! You wouldn't find those in my 10 cent box. lol
Congrats!
(09-19-2013, 01:05 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: I've been digging through the bargain boxes alot myself when I go to shows. It's alot of fun finding a little gem mixed in with all the junk. It's also a good way to kill some time waiting for the next doorprize Smile
Hey Pete I won three shows ago when I didn't set up. I got a Robert Parish 8x10 auto and one of the Bird RC that doesn't have Magic with him. Pretty nice stuff.

[Image: OKimtze.png]

(09-19-2013, 01:37 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Outstanding!
Very jealous that card shows not only exist by you, but they are repeated ! I think we had a card show a few years ago. Sad Sucks!
This was a small show. Just three dealers this time. Usually between 6 and 10.

I wish shows I went to had bargain bins like that. That last one I went to the best bargain bins were 4/$1 and the best cards I found were all under $5 (which isnt' bad but nothing compared to the ones you got).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/