`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you ever...

Have you ever...
...pulled out some of your old collections, not remembering what you had, and been utterly shocked at what you found?

Please share your stories...
New forums are up and looking for members!
www.nextupcollectibles.com

RE: Have you ever...
(09-17-2013, 01:02 PM)NextUp Wrote: ...pulled out some of your old collections, not remembering what you had, and been utterly shocked at what you found?

Please share your stories...
No. I began collecting just Nolan Ryans in the Summer of 1990 and I still collect only Nolan Ryans to this day.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Yep everytime I go through my Box of Rookies each year
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

I recently decided to put together some sets because what i collected was all mixed and was a disaster so i decided to separate what i had into sets and have been very surprised I have some almost complete sets just from buying rack packs and blasters!
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

I get surprised all the time when I go through boxes of cards I have that I haven't opened in a year or so. One of my favorite surprises like that happened a few years ago when I was sorting through some boxes of mid to late 90s commons and found a 1997 Fleer David Ortiz rookie.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(09-17-2013, 09:51 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: I recently decided to put together some sets because what i collected was all mixed and was a disaster so i decided to separate what i had into sets and have been very surprised I have some almost complete sets just from buying rack packs and blasters!
That is exactly the process that I am going through right now. I just finally got everything organized into sets and was quite surprised with some of the cards I found.

I was going through a box of old basketball cards and found a Larry Sanders (Bucks) auto rookie card numbered to 99. When I originally got it, I was like, who the heck is his? BV of $100

Also went through an old box and found some Topps packs in it from 2006 that had never been opened. Told my son we would open 2-3 packs a night. Second night of opening packs we pulled a 2003 Topps Team Topps Legends Willie Mays auto card. Why it was in a 2006 pack I have no idea. You can see it here:
http://djshouseofcards-comics.com/baseba..._2000s.htm

It is my son and mine's website to display our cool stuff. Scroll down to 2006 for the Mays card.

Now we make it a habit to go through old stuff at least once a year looking for players who have emerged.

I just went through some 2011 topps update and found six mike trout rookies gotta say I was pleasantly surprised
[Image: 6C3028DA-222D-46AB-98B7-BD7D0829F4B5-819...1b74d5.jpg]

(09-18-2013, 11:30 AM)eisenhower76 Wrote: I was going through a box of old basketball cards and found a Larry Sanders (Bucks) auto rookie card numbered to 99. When I originally got it, I was like, who the heck is his? BV of $100

Also went through an old box and found some Topps packs in it from 2006 that had never been opened. Told my son we would open 2-3 packs a night. Second night of opening packs we pulled a 2003 Topps Team Topps Legends Willie Mays auto card. Why it was in a 2006 pack I have no idea. You can see it here:
http://djshouseofcards-comics.com/baseba..._2000s.htm

It is my son and mine's website to display our cool stuff. Scroll down to 2006 for the Mays card.

Now we make it a habit to go through old stuff at least once a year looking for players who have emerged.
Nice site you have going there and nice hit on the Willie Mays!

(09-18-2013, 06:00 PM)Blury1 Wrote: I just went through some 2011 topps update and found six mike trout rookies gotta say I was pleasantly surprised
Finding Mike Trout rookie cards is never a bad thing. Thanks for sharing.

I kept only a few of my cards when i decided i was bored with it in 2001. So, there is no surprise to be had.