`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Selling my cards on Beckett
09-17-2013, 08:12 AM
Selling my cards on Beckett
I just got off with a gentleman at Beckett who told me that in their "to do list", is that customers and individuals on their site can sell their cards. He told me this will be happening in the next couple of months. I guess that means by November 2013 this will be live based on what he told me since that would be a couple of months. Can someone higher up at Beckett please verify this for me and also let me know the details and the fees since to set up a store on Marketplace is way to ridiculous of a price. I am hoping you will not ask too much in fees from individuals and be greedy like Amazon and Ebay. Thank you for your help and information on this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-17-2013, 09:29 AM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2013 09:30 AM by jacobystealshome.)
RE: Selling my cards on Beckett
theyve been saying that for years. it wont happen anytime soon, if ever

you can sell now on the board, no fees. just put them in your organize, mark it with a sell price

and to be a marketplace seller, you must maintain an inventory of tens of thousands of cards. it isnt for normal folks, but for dealers

Project Cupid: currently curbstomping cancer

[Image: ow91.jpg]
09-17-2013, 10:46 AM
Where do I ad a sale price? I can not find where to do that. Please assist since this site is confusing.

Thanks

(09-17-2013 09:29 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote:  theyve been saying that for years. it wont happen anytime soon, if ever

you can sell now on the board, no fees. just put them in your organize, mark it with a sell price

and to be a marketplace seller, you must maintain an inventory of tens of thousands of cards. it isnt for normal folks, but for dealers
09-17-2013, 11:22 AM
in your organizer, select the "selling" layout

09-19-2013, 08:29 AM
Actually, we are working on this feature now. In an ideal world, it will be ready in a few months. Since development is not an exact science, there could obviously be delays. We know this is a feature that will help many of you, so it is high on the list and currently in process.

Thanks,
Traci

Auction Coordinator - Beckett Auction Services
09-27-2013, 04:38 AM (This post was last modified: 09-27-2013 10:37 AM by jerseyfresh2.)
When do you expect to be able to tell us details about it. It seems like this is a canned response and not anything is being beta tested or worked on. How can I get details on this?

(09-19-2013 08:29 AM)tkaplan Wrote:  Actually, we are working on this feature now. In an ideal world, it will be ready in a few months. Since development is not an exact science, there could obviously be delays. We know this is a feature that will help many of you, so it is high on the list and currently in process.

Thanks,
Traci
10-10-2013, 05:44 PM
What % of Beckett Book value are most people listing their card for sale at? I am new to this and want to know what people are listing stuff at so that it moves? I have Star Cards, Commons, etc. any help would be great.

(09-17-2013 09:29 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote:  theyve been saying that for years. it wont happen anytime soon, if ever

10-10-2013, 05:48 PM
(10-10-2013 05:44 PM)jerseyfresh2 Wrote:  What % of Beckett Book value are most people listing their card for sale at? I am new to this and want to know what people are listing stuff at so that it moves? I have Star Cards, Commons, etc. any help would be great.

really depends on era, card, etc

10-10-2013, 05:53 PM
Well is there a formula or general rule of thumb? Like for commons, or stars, etc.?

(10-10-2013 05:48 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote:  really depends on era, card, etc