`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redemption Replacement - Take or Don't Take?

RE: Redemption Replacement - Take or Don't Take?
Verlander!!! patience a must!! lol

Take the replacement! (unless your a Tigers fan)
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

take the replacement, sell it, buy whatever card you really want

Guys, remember ... this is Topps.

They SUCK OUT LOUD at redemptions.

For the love of all mankind, TAKE THE REPLACEMENT!

A Trout auto on anything is better than the 15 freaking Ike Davis sticker autos they will try to send you in another six months ...

And this is coming from a die-hard, lifelong Tigers fan.

Plus, Cespedes might get some nice run in the playoffs, and has a pretty decent ceiling.

As for Montero, well, 2 out of 3 is still WAY BETTER than anything else Topps might come up with as a "replacement of equal value."

Can I vote again?

Wait for it
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Thanks all for your input. I decided to wait for it. Topps has always done very well by me for high end redemption replacements (they replaced a Robin Roberts cut auto with a Harper BC auto and a Kershaw/Kemp/Ethier triple with a Trout Tribute last year), so I'm not too worried about getting screwed later. I can't stomach Montero ruining that card and the trio of Tigers will make it a pretty awesome card if it arrives. I do appreciate everyone's input though, helped me make the decision. Cheers!
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

(09-18-2013, 09:41 AM)roger rabbit Wrote: Thanks all for your input. I decided to wait for it. Topps has always done very well by me for high end redemption replacements (they replaced a Robin Roberts cut auto with a Harper BC auto and a Kershaw/Kemp/Ethier triple with a Trout Tribute last year), so I'm not too worried about getting screwed later. I can't stomach Montero ruining that card and the trio of Tigers will make it a pretty awesome card if it arrives. I do appreciate everyone's input though, helped me make the decision. Cheers!
It's your card ... and as a Tigers fan, yeah, it would be SWEET to have it.

I just have had a vastly different experience with Topps ... most of my redemptions have not been the ones I was supposed to get.

The most disappointing was back in 2000-01 ... my grandparents sent me a blaster of Topps Series 2 basketball for Christmas, and I actually pulled an Allen Iverson auto redemption ... not only beat some truly crazy odds to pull it, but at the time he was one of my two or three favorite players, so I was beyond stoked.

Long story short, after a year and a half of repeated phone calls — even being told stuff like "yeah, we talked to his agent and he's supposed to sign those next week" — I never got it.

But I did get three CRAP autos and two CRAP jersey cards of random 76ers as an "equal replacement."

Then, in 2008-09, I bought a box of Chrome basketball — with one rookie autograph refractor GUARANTEED per box! — and pulled a redemption for DJ Augustin ... which, at the time, was one of the better rookies to pull.

Again, waited several months — and it was replaced by a common veteran auto from a completely different product ... not exactly the "one rookie autograph refractor GUARANTEED per box" that I was supposed to get.

I currently have a pending redemption for some Billy Hamilton gold parallel patch auto thing from Bowman Platinum ... and am willing to bet anyone on the boards I will not get it.

OK, at this point, an objective observer could say, "hey, dummy, quit buying Topps boxes if you don't like it" ... but I do like their products overall, in general.

I just HATE how hit and miss their redemptions are ... most have been HUGE misses for me.

I have had way better luck with Panini ... not only as far as "completion percentage" of what I'm actually supposed to get, but in the rare instances that they can't supply the card, they have worked with me to exchange it for something I want.

I truly hope you do get it though, man ... would LOVE to see a scan of it if/when it comes in.

If you are looking to sell now, then go with the Trout/Cespedes. It'll sell for more. If you want to hold on to it then definitely the Tigers card as it has probably 2 HOF players on it, maybe 3.

Take the Tigers card verses a card with several different teams. If you ever had to sell the Tigers Card would easily sell for what it is worth, the other you would be getting less as it would be a single player's Auto/Relic the collector would be looking for.

Can you hold out for an Ike Davis/Ike Davis/Ike Davis?