`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YOU ARE KIDDING, RIGHT ?

YOU ARE KIDDING, RIGHT ?
On EBay, there are many rip cards that were ripped that are for sale at incredibly high price. LAst week, someone asked $50,00 for the ripped card of R.A. Dickey and Jose Reyes. $50,00 !!!! for a damage card. Of course, no one is bidding on those cards.

So, what are these people thinking ?

RE: YOU ARE KIDDING, RIGHT ?
(09-16-2013, 05:35 AM)wolvie15 Wrote: On EBay, there are many rip cards that were ripped that are for sale at incredibly high price. LAst week, someone asked $50,00 for the ripped card of R.A. Dickey and Jose Reyes. $50,00 !!!! for a damage card. Of course, no one is bidding on those cards.
They are thinking "Hmmmmm, eBay is a way to get many people to see my product and give me their money for it .... willingly"
As far as I'm concerned, as long as the card is clearly marked as 'ripped' the person is well within their right to sell a ripped rip card. They are not trying to deceive anyone.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

But so they really expect someone to shell $50,00 for a ripped card. Thsi is totally unrealistic.

(09-16-2013, 07:01 AM)wolvie15 Wrote: But so they really expect someone to shell $50,00 for a ripped card. Thsi is totally unrealistic.
Maybe unrealistic, but you still never know unless you try. Can't find fault with someone trying to do something as long as they're not deceiving anyone. I've seen people put up redeemed redemption cards that people bought ... It's a used redemption card! no code! but someone thought it was a good thing to buy and collect. As long as there was no deception, I have no problem ... I wouldn't buy it, but I wouldn't criticize anyone's right to sell it or buy it. At least the Rip card has a ballplayer on it .... And is it really damaged? It's meant to be ripped ... So it's used and ripped open on one side. I own a Mike Trout /10 rip card. I feel it's value is more unripped than what's inside. But if I were to open it, the outside card still has some value. Would a Trout collector pay for a /10 ripped rip card? Who knows?
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I have bought PC ripped cards, they are serial numbered and collectible..not $50 worth, but still have some value..

I best one was a listing for "Allen and Ginter Harper Auto RC..from box top"

Yes, they cut out the picture of the card from the box top of a hobby box and had it for sale..

Not deceptive?? was kinda..but people saw Harper Auto RC and off they went..can not imagine the disappointment when they got the "card"..but then..did they think they would get a real card for $12??

Strange world..

(09-16-2013, 10:23 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: I have bought PC ripped cards, they are serial numbered and collectible..not $50 worth, but still have some value..

Yes, they cut out the picture of the card from the box top of a hobby box and had it for sale..

Not deceptive?? was kinda..but people saw Harper Auto RC and off they went..can not imagine the disappointment when they got the "card"..but then..did they think they would get a real card for $12??

Strange world..
If Wanted to try and sell my used bubble gum for $50 I am entitled to do so

That is pretty shady. Deceptive on several levels with the box top 1/1's...

I hate when people throw in "non auto" for base cards... Really screws with my auto searches.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

(09-16-2013, 10:23 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: I have bought PC ripped cards, they are serial numbered and collectible..not $50 worth, but still have some value..
Strange world..
Strange indeed!
I think that if any of us see this A&G box cut out happening, we should report every incident we discover to eBay. Also, maybe Topps/A&G should change their design and stop using 1 to 1 images of their cards on their box design? It might cut down on that type of deception.
IMO, it's totally deceptive since:
1) it's not even a card, and definitely not his RC
2) It's not an autograph ... at best it's a facsimile auto ... which should NEVER be listed in a description on eBay.
3) It should be listed as Bryce Harper BOX TOP cut out. any other description is misleading. Especially since now there are cards hidden in the actual A&G Box Top, saying it's "from Box Top" is totally despicable and purposely trying to deceive an innocent person.

After seeing something like that, how can anyone complain about someone selling a ripped rip card? Smile

Lol. Just saw someone trying to sell an EMPTY A & G box for $10,00. Just the box, no cards. From the photo, it ewas even searched to see if this had a 1/1 card in the cover. $10,00 for an EMPTY, Damaged box.
Some people have no shame !

(09-16-2013, 05:35 AM)wolvie15 Wrote: On EBay, there are many rip cards that were ripped that are for sale at incredibly high price. LAst week, someone asked $50,00 for the ripped card of R.A. Dickey and Jose Reyes. $50,00 !!!! for a damage card. Of course, no one is bidding on those cards.

METAPHORICALLY SPEAKING: "A Sucker Gets Licked Everyday Day More Than Once A Day" ....
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards

(09-18-2013, 07:31 AM)wolvie15 Wrote: Lol. Just saw someone trying to sell an EMPTY A & G box for $10,00. Just the box, no cards. From the photo, it ewas even searched to see if this had a 1/1 card in the cover. $10,00 for an EMPTY, Damaged box.
Some people have no shame !
I've actually thought about starting to collect empty opened boxes. I wouldn't pay for new stuff though (get it for free from LCS).

If the person stated in thier description that it was an open empty box and that the top had been searched.....I have no problem with that. Not deceptive at all. Idiotic yes...deceptive no.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.