`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day two at Red Wings Training Camp

Day two at Red Wings Training Camp
Fortunately, I was able to find someone to fill in for me at work at the last minute (only had to trade him a bottle of wine!). Practice was great today, had some amazing scrimmages, but my favorite part was afterwards at the autograph signing outside!

Now, let me rant for one second...I really hate how autographs are handled at camp. The only thing they do right is fence off the first 50 feet or so for people 15 and under, which is really classy.

What I hate is the fact that, for those of us who PAY to go to camp, we are always at the end of the autograph line, as a bunch of dealers and freeloaders show up every day and tailgate! It's especially disheartening when some of the bigger names are in a hurry, so we always miss them, while the freeloaders get the autographs multiple times!

Now, back to the fun. I was able to get a handful of autographs. I was positioned by a rather entertaining middle aged woman who came up from Detroit. She had a great job, season tickets, and was very opinionated (in the best, most hilarious way possible! lol). She definitely made the time fly. She had stood outside after practice everday, so was able to give me the run down on who had signed and when. Apparently Kronwall signed the day prior, so he was a no show today.

Surprisingly, Jimmy Howard came out and signed for everyone! I was able to get him to sign the rookie card I just bought Thursday (scans will be at the end) and he chatted a bit. Coach Babcock came out, all business and signed (he apparently signed everyday). The hilarious thing is how intense he was, Jimmy started 20 minutes before Coach Babcock came out...and they got done at the same time lol.

A few more guys signed, nothing too huge (see scans, even a couple of Griffins guys came out to sign). However...and maybe I'm being unreasonable...but OUR captain, Henrik Zetterberg, did not sign...PERIOD...ALL WEEK. According to the lady who had passes to everything, he would have them pull up his car to the front door and drive off. Now...Yzerman would sign at Camp...Lidstrom would sign at camp...you're the face of the organization, at least come out.

According to the lady, last year Kronwall had to drag Zetterberg out and make him sign. It just seems odd, as he has signed through the mail for me twice!

Same thing with Franzen, he didn't come out at all. I mean come on, at least make an appearance and sign for the kids area!

Surprisingly, even some of the third shifters were pulling that crap...Sorry Helm, I'm not clamoring for your autograph! Maybe you should all take a lil look at your coach, there's a man who knows where it's at!

Ok back to my scans, I'm quite happy about them, since my main goal was to get Howard!

the Gryffins (dk who they are!)
[Image: DSC_0391_zps175081e4.jpg]

Coach Babcock (this was my #2 wanted autograph on this, as I didn't have one prior to this!)
[Image: DSC_0387_zpsc276b4da.jpg]

Patrick Eaves and Jordan Tootoo (JT's auto has gone DOWN HILL lol)
[Image: DSC_0389_zps62566b9c.jpg]

Samuelsson signed the back
[Image: DSC_0390_zps5e17003a.jpg]

and the big hit of the day...
[Image: DSC_0388_zps77a39fcb.jpg]

I'll post scans of the practice/scrimmage tomorrow. I used the great camera, so it saved all my pix in RAW, I'm too lazy to change it right now! Thanks a ton for letting me share guys!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

RE: Day two at Red Wings Training Camp
Nice recap, (though I told you the Wings were not the best signing team). Glad you got Howard though. He's gonna be good for a long time. I noticed no mention of Datsyuk. Was he even there?

RE: Day two at Red Wings Training Camp
(09-16-2013, 09:19 AM)azicet Wrote: Nice recap, (though I told you the Wings were not the best signing team). Glad you got Howard though. He's gonna be good for a long time. I noticed no mention of Datsyuk. Was he even there?
Actually, the woman who had been there all week had her shirt signed by the entire team after all the practices, minus Abdelkader, Franzen, and Zetterberg. Everyone else had come out to sign a few days over the week, at least once!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75