`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
about had it with auctions

RE: about had it with auctions
I think a few people are missing the point that the seller didn't have the BEST OFFER option available for the auctions. So the buyer was sending messages asking if the seller would lower his price, not sending offers through the Best Offer function.
That being said, the seller could have curtailed his frustration if he responded to the 1st message, about taking less for a card, with a message that said he wasn't going to lower the price on ANY of his auctions. That way the buyer didn't keep sending more messages for different cards. What really frustrates me with eBay is that there are tons of sellers that respond to questions with 1 or 2 word answers that leave ambiguity. I absolutely hate that when I ask a seller if they will combine/discount S&H for multiple auctions won, they simply write back "YES". It means that I have to write another message asking for more details regarding the combined discount (as some sellers are very fair when combining but others want $1+ per card additional when combining, and I don't want to get blindsided after I won an auction).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I have this happen all the time! I only have 6-8 cards listed at a time and really I think the bin price is really reasonable. At or lower than what I paid in most cases. Yet buyers completely lowball offers to me. For example
Griffey ultimate dual auto w/ senior 24/25.. Have a very reasonable price of 100 on it yet I've had no offers over 65.00. Last one was 45.. Are you kidding me? Even at the price I have it at I'm losing money. Had to set auto decline
no org, please do not send trade requests

as a slight update, thanks to those who understood that my frustrations were born out of the fact that i DIDN'T have a best offer on my auctions and buyers need to realize that if i were accepting best offers, i'd have my auction listed that way. i'm not a new seller, i have over 5,000 in feedback, so i would like to think that i know my own way of handling things.

and though my answers at first were just quick "no thanks," (which by the way was my way of not taking it personally) i did inform the buyer at one point that i would not be accepting offers...but yet he continued to badger me about prices.

i don't list things based upon BV...and no offense to Beckett, but prices in Beckett are normally outdated and do not take into consideration current prices. i just use it as a tool, but i go off of market value. i do my research as diligently as possible, and if i err, i normally err on the low side...so i end up losing money anyways.

but, what really infuriated me was more that i was just called an @ss by a buyer earlier in the day that had a feedback of 5, and wanted to pay me for a card that he hadn't won yet via a money order, when my auction clearly states that i only accept paypal. and then i had a buyer who used the buy it now and then messaged me a few hours later to say that he didn't have enough money to pay for it..."sorry." so i ended up blocking 2 buyers in one day...so i kinda was taking out my frustrations on the guy that was constantly badgering me with UNSOLICITED offers...i ended up blocking him too...so make that 3 people i blocked. at least the bay offers me that option...though it doesn't mean a thing to a buyer who has multiple accounts.