`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some grading advice. Please help.

Need some grading advice. Please help.
I am a newbie at getting cards graded. I own a couple but I bought them already graded. I have a few I'd like to send in, going to focus on 2 of them for now and was wondering if any of the experts here could help me figure out what these 2 would possibly grade at. I just want to make sure it will be worth it and I will hopefully get a good grade in return. Here are some pics, I can try for more if these aren't sufficient, IPhone camera so I did the best I could. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

First one

Front View
[Image: 90d5ld.jpg]

Top Left corner
[Image: mvi3hd.jpg]

Top right corner
[Image: 20tkkm1.jpg]

Bottom left corner
[Image: w0j621.jpg]

Bottom right corner
[Image: w6xcvm.jpg]

Back left side
[Image: 2yotrmf.jpg]

Back right side
[Image: 2ccrpxk.jpg]

From what I can tell the surface is great, don't see any flaws. Would take a pic but I can't get close enough with my phone, it's to blurry and unfocused. Overall the only thing I can see as an issue would be the edges.

Heres the second one

Front
[Image: 34s5e1h.jpg]

Top right
[Image: 1zwixaw.jpg]

Top left
[Image: 1zce1w3.jpg]

Bottom right
[Image: 24fjpyx.jpg]

Bottom left
[Image: 25h1hs2.jpg]

Back. There is a tiny bit of white on the bottom corners.
[Image: 29xiyra.jpg]

RE: Need some grading advice. Please help.
Pictures are too small to judge but from my experience clean the surface with a micro cloth and just use your breath and fog it up then wipe it down front and back, also check for indents. As for corners they have to be perfect on both sides. Edges cannot have any chipping, the centering looks pretty good though.
My Bucket
http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/af12...nding1973/
[Image: nameplate.jpg]

If I am interested in trading I will send a trade or reply to your post.

(09-14-2013, 03:58 PM)onemanstanding Wrote: Pictures are too small to judge but from my experience clean the surface with a micro cloth and just use your breath and fog it up then wipe it down front and back, also check for indents. As for corners they have to be perfect on both sides. Edges cannot have any chipping, the centering looks pretty good though.
Thanks for the input, I tried to keep the pics smaller so there wasn't a bunch of huge pics in the thread, but I think the only thing I have to worry about is the edges on the sterling, the kind of stuff I see on alot of refractors, and the bottom back corners on the limited. Hopefully I get good grades. Thanks again.

You should wait and do a group submission - that'll save you some money. And - the folks that do them here are pretty trustworthy.

I've only done them with RW34 - and she's gotten a few BGS 10s lately (unfortunately not mine - but I can't complain about 9.5s). Smile
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

(09-15-2013, 10:21 AM)ugameck Wrote: You should wait and do a group submission - that'll save you some money. And - the folks that do them here are pretty trustworthy.

I've only done them with RW34 - and she's gotten a few BGS 10s lately (unfortunately not mine - but I can't complain about 9.5s). Smile
It is a group submission on another forum I frequent, so is be getting a deal so that's why I'm thinking about it. Never sent cards for grading but id like to get a few encapsulated for future protection.