`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My New Project...

My New Project...
I may be biting off more than I can chew here... But, my Archives master set project is slowing down (15 autos/10 inserts needed)... My Cespedes RC project is as well (a couple full sig autos and a bunch of /50's or less needed)...

And of course, instead of finishing things up completely, I'm starting something new!
But as long as I'm having fun collecting, I don't see a problem with that!

I've decided to start a Topps All-star rookie collection. I used to love pulling cards with the little gold trophy in the late 80's/early 90's, and even if it's a 2013 wilin rosario from flagship, there is still something really cool about that trophy!

So basically I'll be going after any card with the all-star rookie trophy... from 1960 forward. I already have a checklist of flagship created. I'll be ignoring the years where they left the trophy off... and will be entering my wants into org sometime next week. I'll be keeping cards in a binder, so the super high-end '60 McCovey/Pete Rose etc... I will be looking for raw cards with eye-appeal, but not necessarily highly gradeable. For newer years I will be going after flagship, chrome and heritage. I think I'll ignore topps tiffany/desert shield/O-pee-chee on the older sets, but I am not sure.

Anyway, wish me luck!

If you come across any trophy cards give me a look for them.

Also, I was wondering if there were any other modern topps sets that had the trophy on them? Especially from '99-09... Lineage?

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

RE: My New Project...
ive got some for you.
2012 heritage reddick, kimbrel , arencibia
2012 topps opening day dee gordon (seriously, he has a trophy i swear)
2013 opening day wilin rosario
2013 topps todd frazier target red

(09-13-2013, 01:03 PM)rentzington Wrote: ive got some for you.
2012 heritage reddick, kimbrel , arencibia
2012 topps opening day dee gordon (seriously, he has a trophy i swear)
2013 opening day wilin rosario
2013 topps todd frazier target red
Right on man. I'm still in the process of loading wants into org. Also need to go through my boxes of commons and see what I can pull from there.

Still have no idea how deep I want to get as far as parallels etc. for modern stuff. I'll see where I'm at and send an offer when I get there.

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.

(09-13-2013, 02:11 PM)petillo64 Wrote: Right on man. I'm still in the process of loading wants into org. Also need to go through my boxes of commons and see what I can pull from there.

Still have no idea how deep I want to get as far as parallels etc. for modern stuff. I'll see where I'm at and send an offer when I get there.
was doing some digging for something today and found some more, ill get em loaded later

Cool idea for a set, sound like a lot of cards but it'll be a lot of fun putting it together and organizing. Good luck!

(09-13-2013, 04:24 PM)jblaze1718 Wrote: Cool idea for a set, sound like a lot of cards but it'll be a lot of fun putting it together and organizing. Good luck!
Thanks. Definitely going to be relying upon the star system. If that thing gives out after loading all these wants into ORG, good god.

Right now I'm trying to decide whether or not to simply go after flagship, or make it a bit more challenging (Tiffany's for 87-90, desert shield for '91, gold for 92-94, chrome refractors for 97 etc...)...

Anyway, if any members have a crapload of topps base/vintage base loaded into org let me know! I only have up through 1990 in org right now, but should have the rest marked as wants by the end of the week.