`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Centering Question For the Pros

Centering Question For the Pros
Hi All, can any pro please tell me their opinion on the possibility of this card getting a 9.5 or better grade on the centering?

cabrera1.jpg (321.64 KB)

RE: Centering Question For the Pros
For people to see the image, you'll need to upload it to some service like Photobucket and then post the IMG code to the post.
Album: Album

1997 Donruss Preferred Precious Metals
1997 Topps Gallery Gallery of Heroes

(09-11-2013, 03:13 PM)Texan1985 Wrote: For people to see the image, you'll need to upload it to some service like Photobucket and then post the IMG code to the post.
Thanks for the Info. I don't know why uploading a GIF doesn't work so I'll try a link to Flickr.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3686/97284...e1de_b.jpg

(09-11-2013, 05:41 PM)kenepp7 Wrote: Thanks for the Info. I don't know why uploading a GIF doesn't work so I'll try a link to Flickr.
That didn't work either; it was in Spanish.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(09-11-2013, 07:25 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: That didn't work either; it was in Spanish.
Sorry, I guess I'm not too tech savy...Here it is again.

Going off the picture, my numbers tell me that it would qualify for at least 9.5 Centering on the Front. Nice card!
Album: Album

1997 Donruss Preferred Precious Metals
1997 Topps Gallery Gallery of Heroes

Just by eyeballing it. The Top, Bottom and Left, all look the same. The Right looks to be wider than the other three. Caveat: I am cross-eyed. However, when I'm looking at PSA 10's of Nolan Ryan to crossover to BGS/BVG, I'm hardly ever wrong on Centering.

Off topic: Cabrera still good? I have a baseball that I got signed from him when I lived in Boca and went to the games. Always wonder if he is still doing any good tho I fail to check lol
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(09-12-2013, 01:12 PM)branesergen Wrote: Off topic: Cabrera still good? I have a baseball that I got signed from him when I lived in Boca and went to the games. Always wonder if he is still doing any good tho I fail to check lol
In a word: H3LL YES!!

(09-11-2013, 10:09 PM)jeffv96masters Wrote: Pics can be deceiving = that's one I'd want in front of me. Can't measure properly- looks diamond canted-- its on the cusp of a 9 L-R with T-B looking perfect. Like I said though would need it in front of me sometimes a pic can't show it properly . Does the card have a slight warp looks like its rising off the surface??

My opinion of course,,,
Jeff

[Image: cabrera.jpg]
I had it stored in a poly album page in a protective sleeve lying flat for the last 8 years or so, it may have a slight warp.
Is there any way to un-warp the card without damaging it??? Pressing it between a book's pages?
Funny how I just saw a Cabrera RC go for $$$ on ebay and decided to go through my old collection thinking I must have at least 1.
I found this card and it looks pretty darn good!
That's why I always take care of and never get rid of my old collectibles, even though my wife calls me a hoarder and would love to dump all my stuff at a garage sale...LOL
Thanks for the feedback. I will definitely send in in to have it graded.
(09-12-2013, 08:37 AM)Texan1985 Wrote: Going off the picture, my numbers tell me that it would qualify for at least 9.5 Centering on the Front. Nice card!
Thanks for the promising input Texan!