`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire the Cannons! This Be A First-Career Win!

Fire the Cannons! This Be A First-Career Win!
Sorry for the horrible title, I really didn't know what else to do...the jersey has a cannon on it...it was worn in a first-career win...yeah...it's my day off from work, cut me some slack Smile

Today's piece of history is a tough modern one indeed. Columbus Blue Jackets jerseys, particularly of goaltenders are some of the tougher ones to find in the hobby, right up there in difficulty with San Jose and Minnesota. Their distribution methods are extremely limited and are uncommon on the secondary market.

When this piece popped up, I couldn't help but immediately make the seller a fair offer. My interests are exclusively on significant goaltending memorabilia, first game, first win, last game, etc.

So, without further yapping, here is the next piece of history for my future goaltending museum. Today's jersey is a rare 2011-12 Columbus Blue Jackets Set #1 Third Jersey of goaltender Allen York. Allen York was drafted 158th overall by the Blue Jackets in 2007 and was given his chance at the big time in 2011-12 to back-up one-time star, Steve Mason. In his 11 career NHL games to date (all from 2011-12), York recorded a 3-2-0 record with a 2.30 GAA and a 0.920% save average. All impressive numbers.

This jersey was game-used in several games starting on November 5, 2011, against the Flyers in Allen York's 4th NHL game stopping 3 of 5 shots. It was also worn on February 18, 2012 against the Blackhawks, stopping 6 of 8 shots in York's fifth NHL game. It was also worn in several other games as a back-up only jersey.

Probably the most significant game it was worn in was in Allen York's 8th career NHL game on March 28, 2012. Getting only his second ever start in the big-league, York was facing down the Red Wings powerhouse. He ended up stopping 29 of 31 shots in an eventual 4-2 victory, the first of his NHL career.

Now for some pictures!

Front:

[Image: yorkfront_zps1b87901e.jpg]

Front-left shoulder (probably the most significant wear and makes for incredibly easy photo-matching from first career win game):

[Image: yorkfronttopleft_zpsc7b7f089.jpg]

Front-left sleeve (some nice puck-marks on glove side):

[Image: yorkfrontleftsleeve_zps7911e862.jpg]

Back:

[Image: yorkback_zpsee9eff64.jpg]

LOA/COA:

[Image: yorkcoa_zps484f7706.jpg]

Photomatch from first career win game:

[Image: yorkmatch_zpse6a11772.jpg]

RE: Fire the Cannons! This Be A First-Career Win!
I typically don't like 3rd jerseys, but those are really slick. Nice addition.

Thanks for the compliment!

Very cool addition. You have any pictures of everything together or is it nicely stored for right now?
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

(09-05-2013, 09:16 PM)snobles Wrote: Very cool addition. You have any pictures of everything together or is it nicely stored for right now?
No group pics yet. I am still in the process of organizing everything and modifying a closet at home to hold all of the jerseys within. The more valuable ones are nicely stored away. The less valuable ones (which is still saying something) are on the back of an Ikea chair for now.

I was supposed to get one more jersey in today, but since I ordered it over the phone, the people messed up my postal code on the shipping notice and it will now take extra days as the postal company figures out where to send my item to.

A slow clap goes to you, company!