`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shipping the day after a Holiday...ughhhhh

Shipping the day after a Holiday...ughhhhh
Had several packages to mail today but saw the 3 hr. line at the post office and said oh well folks gonna have to be mad that they got mailed a day late.

It's almost like the post office sells crack and when they are closed the following day everyone runs there looking for their fix. lol

*rant over*

RE: Shipping the day after a Holiday...ughhhhh
I was afraid of that too but there was only 5 people in line and three PO people working so it went fast. I'd ship tomorrow too if I had to wait 3 hours!

I don't think anyone will be that upset about 1 day.

Another plug for PayPal shipping though Smile I switched to using it about a year ago now and it's awesome. Package up at home, weight it, print the label, tape it on, drop off at the drive through mail drop at the post office on my way to work. I don't go into the post office unless I absolutely have to.

(09-03-2013, 07:11 PM)aktlingit Wrote: I don't think anyone will be that upset about 1 day.

Another plug for PayPal shipping though Smile I switched to using it about a year ago now and it's awesome. Package up at home, weight it, print the label, tape it on, drop off at the drive through mail drop at the post office on my way to work. I don't go into the post office unless I absolutely have to.
But don't you miss the cheery folks giving you that excellent service?
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

print off at home and drop and run! saves money and time!
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector

I don't have a scale and I'm bad at guestimating.

I bought a baking scale from walmart and it is dead on. it will weigh up to 1 lb. No guessing and only $ 7
If you have less than 25 trades. I ask that you ship first!
Collecting RC's / Prospects / USA / Aflac & Mike Stanton......
[Image: Scan1-1.jpg]

(09-03-2013, 08:47 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: I don't have a scale and I'm bad at guestimating.
i've never been wrong, but i probably over guess a little. usually i do 2 oz for one or two cards depending on the stock and go up to 8 oz if im sending a chuck.

if i need to guesstimate, i compare the weight to my cell phone as i know how much it weighs.
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector

Even digital scales are cheap..and the $$ you save with gas and free DC pays for the scale in a few weeks..
I have not been to the PO since XMAS..and that was to pick up free boxes for shipping from home!!!

Paypal mult-iship is the only way to go..
Avoid Stamps.com etc..they are really expensive unless you are running a volume business

(09-04-2013, 07:04 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: Even digital scales are cheap..and the $$ you save with gas and free DC pays for the scale in a few weeks..
I have not been to the PO since XMAS..and that was to pick up free boxes for shipping from home!!!

Paypal mult-iship is the only way to go..
Avoid Stamps.com etc..they are really expensive unless you are running a volume business
You can now go to USPS.com and have them bring you the free boxes. Dont' even have to go for that anymore. Pretty Cool.
If you have less than 25 trades. I ask that you ship first!
Collecting RC's / Prospects / USA / Aflac & Mike Stanton......
[Image: Scan1-1.jpg]