`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my homeboy project

my homeboy project
Well, I've been trying to pick up his cards when I find them...but it's time to put the nose to the grindstone and get um!

I was born and raised in Bluffton, IN...not known for much...our one major source of pride is our huge free street fair lol. However, we were the birthplace of baseball player Everett Scott. He played from 1914-1926, had a lifetime batting avg of .249, was a 4 time World Champion, and was a captain for both the Red Sox and Yankees.

Luckily (well...for my wallet and collection) he doesn't have much collecting love....in total he has 68 cards, 27 of which are variations of the 1916 M-101-5 set (different advertising backs). He has 2 different autograph cards (with a COMBINED print run of 3...I've NEVER seen his autograph except for on a team signed ball at the local historical society), 1 set of printing plates, and ZERO relics (I'm sure most of them have been lost to time).

If you can help me build this set (or know where any of those autographs are). Please hit me up, I'd love to build this little piece of local history!
UPDATE: I looked at the card details for the plates and the earlier 1/1 cut (there was recently one made /2)...apparently SOMEONE on this site had it, but their account was deleted (all that pops up is the word "UNKNOWN" next to the card with a "1" in the HAVE column).

IF YOU KNOW WHO THIS PERSON IS, PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

RE: my homeboy project
Can't help you with your search, but at least I know who Unknown is now. Damn he/she, or rather it, has a lot of my needs Smile
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

(09-03-2013, 06:01 AM)rmpaq5 Wrote: Can't help you with your search, but at least I know who Unknown is now. Damn he/she, or rather it, has a lot of my needs Smile
IK it's depressing right! It's like collectors who have fallen off the face of the earth are the ones who have all of our stuff Tongue lol
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Good Luck with your search!!
Hey Justin, I just checked COMC and they have 2 cards of him.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!