`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen & Ginter Rip Cards

RE: Allen & Ginter Rip Cards
(08-30-2013, 02:22 PM)rentzington Wrote: Someone was asking on here the other day if the lower number rip cards yielded higher in mini's. I'm actually kind of curious about that
That was probably me wondering if I should rip my /10 Trout rip card. I think that there are more chances that what's inside isn't as good as the mystery of what's inside.
The way my luck has been going, I'd rip it and it would be empty. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I don't think the /# matters. There's probably the perception that the higher-run cards are more likely to yield the plain old EXTs just because there's by definition more of them out there to rip. Say 10% of all rip cards have a non-EXT. That means out of the /10 cards you'd only see 9 ho-hum rips whereas the /50's would leave 45 ho-hum rips. It kinda tricks your mind.

(08-30-2013, 04:38 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: That was probably me wondering if I should rip my /10 Trout rip card. I think that there are more chances that what's inside isn't as good as the mystery of what's inside.
The way my luck has been going, I'd rip it and it would be empty. Smile
Yeah it was you wasn't it.

I don't get these rip card prices. I mean chances are its an ext mini, and these aren't like its an auto card...but I've seen some of these going higher than autos

still haven't ripped my Ted Williams #/10 and haven't tried to sell it yet either