`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Just pay for your items already!

RE: Just pay for your items already!
(08-30-2013, 03:27 PM)jhyde77 Wrote: This is easier said than done. While Ebay is making these changes that only benefit the buyer, Beckett should take advantage of their name and start a good quality collectibles auction site with lower fees and more payment options (including checks and money orders), and a good feedback system that warns buyers and sellers. A good quality auction site could also bring more traffic for the Marketplace and for trades.
beckett cant even get THEIR site done

matchmaker: 3 years and counting....

(08-30-2013, 02:52 PM)jhyde77 Wrote: That takes away the whole purpose of feedback. Buyers definitely need to have the fear of receiving a negative if they don't pay.
I've never sold on eBay or anywhere for that matter, but I was afraid of the retaliatory negative feedback. Back when sellers could leave negatives, I had sellers who extorted positives out of me.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(08-30-2013, 03:27 PM)jhyde77 Wrote: This is easier said than done. While Ebay is making these changes that only benefit the buyer, Beckett should take advantage of their name and start a good quality collectibles auction site with lower fees and more payment options (including checks and money orders), and a good feedback system that warns buyers and sellers. A good quality auction site could also bring more traffic for the Marketplace and for trades.
I'm surprised Google hasn't gotten into the auction/sell site business. I think Google would be the only viable company to actually go up against ebay.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

(08-31-2013, 01:15 AM)krn001 Wrote: I'm surprised Google hasn't gotten into the auction/sell site business. I think Google would be the only viable company to actually go up against ebay.
they tried. they failed

they also have a paypal alternative. which no one uses

they also tried to do facebook. and google+ has failed huge

they arent very good at cloning other services

I remember when Yahoo had an auction site too. I sold and bought a few items off of their before.
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

You can file non-paying bidder cases after 2 days now. There really is no reason why people shouldn't be able to pay quickly (within a day). Literally everyone has smartphones now, so paying is literally as easy as one tap of the finger. If you need time to pay then you need to contact the seller prior to bidding.

(08-31-2013, 07:51 PM)slufan83 Wrote: You can file non-paying bidder cases after 2 days now. There really is no reason why people shouldn't be able to pay quickly (within a day). Literally everyone has smartphones now, so paying is literally as easy as one tap of the finger. If you need time to pay then you need to contact the seller prior to bidding.
That's what I do. IF there's a card that I want, I email them and see IF they'll allow me to Pay at a later date. Most are quite accommodating.

I am 100% accommodating to buyers that email me and ask for extended time to pay, or even before they bid they email me and ask, I don't mind at all. I know there are times when something pops up I want, and I won't have the funds until a few days after the auction ends.

(08-31-2013, 09:22 PM)SGC300ier Wrote: I am 100% accommodating to buyers that email me and ask for extended time to pay, or even before they bid they email me and ask, I don't mind at all. I know there are times when something pops up I want, and I won't have the funds until a few days after the auction ends.
+1

After all was said and done, only 1 item wasn't paid for. A couple buyers waited until the last minute to pay, but one guy didn't at all. He was the one I checked his 100% feedback and found that 3 sellers left positive feedback to warn sellers that this guy doesn't pay.

So now I got a $5.00 credit. I guess I'll have to sell some more...lame.