`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 tier one

RE: 2013 tier one
(08-28-2013, 04:25 PM)snappyjoe75 Wrote: well my thing is with all these high end products, u think that the hits would be decent enough to make the money back on the box!! 3 cards on Tier 1? have to be lucky i guess. thanks
I bought my very first tier one last year for my birthday and boom pulled a /10 yaz auto patch.....was all downhill after that one box because I suddenly had to buy a second box and it sucked

(08-28-2013, 12:36 PM)dombrjj Wrote: just opened a box and wow a nomar garciaparra auto redemption are they really going that low
just put on ebay for 35 under ftknox1972

(08-28-2013, 04:29 PM)treswatson Wrote: I bought a pack and got a Posey relic, Steve Carlton Dual Relic, Allen Craig fan favorite auto and Tommy Milone On the Rise auto
That's a pretty nice box! 2 autos 2 relics .. Guess you got lucky!
Congrats.

I totally agree with the combining of products ... Allen & Ginter or Gypsy Queen, choose one or the other. Five Star or Museum. Tier One or Tribute. Finest or Triple Threads. Inception or Sterling. Heritage or Archives. Keep Bowman Chrome & Platinum, keep Topps series 1,2 & update and Topps Chrome. I bet net sales actually increase with the implosion. Right now, as soon as another baseball card product hits, I stop buying everything else ... For example, Topps Football hit the shelves, since I don't buy Football, I'm still picking up Platinum retail! With less new stuff, and longer shelf life, Product will start to sell out and therefore demand increases which helps retailers and resale on eBay.
Also, a /25 auto will actually be really scarce, since there are only 6 chances vs. 12 to get one ..... Or 150/25 vs. 300/25 .... Catch my drift?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

every 4th box has 4 cards, 3 per case.

ugh im getting tempted to buy a box!! someone talk me off the ledge

Such is the case when you have a monopoly like Topps does. With the limited competition they can put out as much as they want and people will eat it up.

If Upper Deck and other companies had licensing rights with MLB then Topps would not be putting out as many different products as they have the past few years.