`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Box and Sbay are pretty awesome!

Super Box and Sbay are pretty awesome!
I got a redemption for a Gattis Autograph /24 from them and let them know that I received that and only one other card (Hoyt Wilhelm 1962 Topps) and was kinda surprised because they normally give more than that. Scott at Sbay asked for my favorite team and today I got a nice little surprise in the mail.

2013 Bowman Chrome Mini Refractor of Puig. I was pleasantly surprised and very happy with this group. I highly recommend their products.

RE: Super Box and Sbay are pretty awesome!
(08-28-2013, 12:22 PM)Jbittman Wrote: I got a redemption for a Gattis Autograph /24 from them and let them know that I received that and only one other card (Hoyt Wilhelm 1962 Topps) and was kinda surprised because they normally give more than that. Scott at Sbay asked for my favorite team and today I got a nice little surprise in the mail.

2013 Bowman Chrome Mini Refractor of Puig. I was pleasantly surprised and very happy with this group. I highly recommend their products.
You shouldn't have to call and complain to get a "surprise" satisfaction ... the VERY EXPENSIVE SUPER BOX should have enough value in it to satisfy any consumer when they open it in the first place ... they did that to me once and they apologized, said it would never happen again and they won me over ... so I bought their next product, (the first Super Box) then it happened again. I think that they're crooked and trying to pull the wool over the collectors' eyes. How many people don't call, and get screwed and think ... wow, this hobby sucks and the opportunistic dealers (SBay Cards) are screwing their online/mail order customers regularly. In their defense, They have great parties and signings at their store .. I'm certain that nobody gets that screwed over in person. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(08-28-2013, 04:19 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: You shouldn't have to call and complain to get a "surprise" satisfaction ... the VERY EXPENSIVE SUPER BOX should have enough value in it to satisfy any consumer when they open it in the first place ... they did that to me once and they apologized, said it would never happen again and they won me over ... so I bought their next product, (the first Super Box) then it happened again. I think that they're crooked and trying to pull the wool over the collectors' eyes. How many people don't call, and get screwed and think ... wow, this hobby sucks and the opportunistic dealers (SBay Cards) are screwing their online/mail order customers regularly. In their defense, They have great parties and signings at their store .. I'm certain that nobody gets that screwed over in person. Smile
Mistakes happen. I think this is very cool of them. I know I have had to call every card company at least once about missing hits in my boxes. They have all made it right so far. I don't have a problem with mistakes, I have a problem with not fixing the mistake.

Mistakes do happen, but I think what Mitch is talking about is how it keeps happening with this company. It's not a one-time thing. I remember seeing many posts and threads from people who bought into this fairly expensive "super box" only to get taken.

Mistakes happen and are forgivable. But when most of the people on these boards that have bought into these have been shorted hits or given awful value on their purchase it moves from mistake to habit.
Kepler

i personally believe that they hope folks wont complain, and due to their size, they can repeatedly send out bad boxes and folks dont complain

easy way to make money

(08-28-2013, 04:41 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: i personally believe that they hope folks wont complain, and due to their size, they can repeatedly send out bad boxes and folks dont complain
easy way to make money
Agreed.
That's one of my biggest gripes with SBay and their SuperBoxes. I think their mistakes are on purpose for just that reason ... they hope you'll just say "Oh Well, a bad box"
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Gotcha. I've never bought one and haven't heard really read much about them.

I've never bought one, but you certainly don't see those mistake boxes on their in-store youtube videos!!! Those videos almost made me buy a couple.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

Of course they did Petillo! That's how they make sales! I generally stay away from re-packs except for Jacoby's dutch which guarantees a good value.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

(08-28-2013, 11:51 PM)petillo64 Wrote: I've never bought one, but you certainly don't see those mistake boxes on their in-store youtube videos!!! Those videos almost made me buy a couple.
Like I said, in-store and in-person, Scott & SBay wouldn't give those customers a bad box. Remember, they're the ones putting the boxes together, I'm sure they're in enough control to make sure their in-store boxes are loaded for the cameras!