`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps Chipz

Topps Chipz
Has anyone bought any of these? Pickup up a couple packs as an impulse buy when in line at Target for 100 years. Pretty cool but didn't get anyone I PC. Anyways, I'm trying to find some pictures of all the parallels. Specifically, what is the difference with the glow in the dark parallels? I tried taking them in the actual dark and nothing glowed so I was just wondering how to tell. The base chipz seem to have shiny stickers. I have a couple that are more matte/dull. Wondering if those are the glow ones.

2009 New York Yankees Autos Project: 29/52 (56% complete)

[Image: EAiRylN.png]

Sig courtesy jbel4331

RE: Topps Chipz
I bought one pack and got a Swisher that had a texture to it but I couldn't tell any other differences.

Saw them the other day.....I have enough trouble keeping my cards tidy let alone a million Chipz all over the place. May get some for my girls as they are nearing finishing thier 2013 Topps Baseball stamp books.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

My girlfriend bought me like 20 packs of these....probably going to put a set together.

As far as the parallels, the glow in the dark have a rough texture. They will only glow in the dark after you put them under a light for a little while, then they'll glow. I put mine under a lamp for a while and they glowed after that.

The magnetic parallel will be obvious when you open the packs. The magnatic ones will stick to the other chipz. The non-magnetic ones won't stick to each other, but the magnetic ones stick to non-magnetic ones.

The gold and silver parallels are pretty easy to notice....the back has a gold or silver foil look.
[Image: Screenshot2012-08-02at100731PM.png]

I saw these tonight at Wal-Mart and decided to get a couple of them. Got a McCutchen magnet and a Neftali Feliz Gold (I think). At $2 a pack it's a pretty good bargain. I kinda like these, makes me want to start playing cards again.
[Image: Boston.jpg]