`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Step Aside Ahab! I Speared Twin White Whales On This Day!

Step Aside Ahab! I Speared Twin White Whales On This Day!
What is this? A non-game used post from IrbeFan4Life? I know, I am as surprised as you are that I do indeed, still collect cards. Even though my Irbe collection has come to a halt and in many cases has been decreasing, I still collect anything and everything of my #2 PC guy, Levente Szuper. Card-wise, there isn't too much out there, and his memorabilia is a different story since the majority (with the exception of two that I own) are in two peoples' collections.

As for what this post is about, this is about my whale from years past. When the 2009-10 DEL set came out, it introduced several low numbered parallels that would be a true test to find, especially in North America. The one that would be staring me down, hiding away and eluding my surveillance was the 2009-10 DEL Premiumserie Gold #/9. 4-5 seasons later, I lost hope that I would ever see them since, no-one, not even anyone in Germany seemed to have them. I knocked off almost all of the other DEL cards over the years, including a large stack of printing plates and #/20 parallels. Still the gold parallel of the premium series eluded me in all of its numbered-out-of-nine glory. A few weeks back, I searched for "premiumserie gold", and not for the player in a German eBay search, and eureka, a seller had not only one, but two copies of the card available for sale, at a very reasonable price no less!

"This is easy", is what I thought upon seeing it. I emailed the seller asking for shipping to Canada, and he told me that he only ships within Germany. It was like mythology's consistent ironies hit me. I had the rock up the hill ready to celebrate my feat when it was cruelly rolled back down to the bottom only for me to start over (huge props to the education system if people know this reference). Not wanting to give up on this lone lead after five years, I put out an APB on a hobby site asking for a German member's help. Two weeks and no response later, I lost hope.

Then, all of a sudden, I received a message from Jochen, aka "azubi1989" from Germany asking me if I still needed someone to help me. I gave him the information, and in no time at all he had the cards and sent it my way. He also said that he would look for my other Szuper mysteries from 2009-10 DEL. Now, in my possession are two copies of one of my biggest whales #5/9 and #7/9.

Thanks Jochen!

Excluding the endless dredge of show-stamped cards that I still have to locate from 2002-03, I am now down to needing only four total cards before owning every card ever made of Levente.

My needs

2002-03 BAP All-Star Edition #107 Gold (#/1)
2002-03 Parkhurst #246 Silver (#/50) *the most perplexing of all, why can't I find it!
2009-10 German DEL Hauptserie Net Protectors #NP06
2009-10 German DEL Meisterset Hanover Scorpions #MS02

And the two whales speared on this day!

[Image: szuperdelgold_zps6eed5374.jpg]

RE: Step Aside Ahab! I Speared Twin White Whales On This Day!
Very cool Bruce, not a lot of hobby love for cards like this but it is great that it is something you can really appreciate. Crazy that you are so close to having one of each of his cards. Congrats on the finds!
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr