`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
May be a dumb question....but graded?

RE: May be a dumb question....but graded?
(08-27-2013, 09:22 PM)joshdetloff Wrote: hmmmm, i guess i could see it for protection. i just don't find storing them would be that great. I have my Packers displayed proudly in a case with my memorabilia, and if I went to graded, which I have a couple, it would totally mess up my scheme.
Change is never a bad thing. Plus, if you managed to snag a couple of BGS 10's you could proudly display your cards and every one would already know they are absolutely flawless. It's to each their own though, personally I wasn't too sure about it, but am slowly coming around to the idea and have a few key RC's of favorite players I would like to stay in the condition they are as of now
[Image: 2yxmaPs.png]
Sig courtesy of jbel4331

Mostly collecting NYG, Ray Lewis and Kobe Bryant

(08-27-2013, 09:22 PM)joshdetloff Wrote: hmmmm, i guess i could see it for protection. i just don't find storing them would be that great. I have my Packers displayed proudly in a case with my memorabilia, and if I went to graded, which I have a couple, it would totally mess up my scheme.
Or....you could spring for a nice wall mounted display that holds several of your top graded cards...

http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

Internet trading has made it a necessary evil. One guy's "mint" from 5 states away might be way different from another guy's idea of "mint." It is not the same hobby as meeting up at shows to actually see different stuff. Unless you have an established trading place/partner, it is hard to trust most folks who offer older "mint" cards, which is mainly what I collect.
That being said, it has become a huge part of the hobby for all the reasons mentioned.

(08-28-2013, 08:38 PM)mickey871 Wrote: Internet trading has made it a necessary evil. One guy's "mint" from 5 states away might be way different from another guy's idea of "mint." It is not the same hobby as meeting up at shows to actually see different stuff. Unless you have an established trading place/partner, it is hard to trust most folks who offer older "mint" cards, which is mainly what I collect.
That being said, it has become a huge part of the hobby for all the reasons mentioned.
You said it....I am working on a vintage set, I can't tell you how many cards I look at only listed at NM that I can tell from the picture are not anywhere close to NM. I have bought probably 25 commons listed as NM and look pretty good in the pictures and when I get them I've sent a total of 3 in for grading..1 came 6.5, 1 7 and 1 7.5.... I won't even get into the asking prices for some of these NM ungraded cards
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

Here are my reason's.

If there is a killer card of a player who's doing hot (RG3, Luck, Wilson, etc) and they are selling well, I will get it graded due to it increasing the value of the card. I normally don't sell my graded cards, but that would be 1 key reason.

Also, if there are some rookie cards that I think will turn into a star one day, it's better to have them protected and encased with a grade to aide me in the future. At the same time, there are some players that I want a rookie of that I plan on getting graded, and it's a 2 for 1 when I score one on the bay or another site.

Only reason I started getting graded cards was my Lynch rookie card collection as I want all of those graded just for me. Not something I plan on getting rid of anytime, but having them in case he does go further will only help me.
[Image: 5SA2MuI.jpg?2]

http://s274.beta.photobucket.com/user/bu...de%20items - click link for photobucket

DO NOT TRADE LIST:

FREDDYLOVESSHAUNA

Here's my reason - I just got burned on a vintage card that's been trimmed (I was going to send it in to get graded), but my trusty ruler worked just fine.

[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]