`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How about a new MLB rule?

RE: How about a new MLB rule?
arod is NOT being singled out because he is a yankee, or because of his contract. thats blatantly ridiculous. he's being singled out for being a repeat offender, someone who has admitted to using not just HGH but ANABOLIC STEROIS. he is being singled out because he has actively tried to hinder the investigation BY BUYING EVIDENCE TO KEEP IT FROM INVESTIGATORS

additional: i dont believe manny wasnt named in 2003. and ortiz was publicly defended by the union. even the head of the union sat down with ortiz when his name came out.

""On the same day, the Major League Baseball Players Association issued a statement[13] pointing out that because of several factors, any player appearing on the list compiled by the federal government in 2003 did not necessarily test positive for performance enhancing drugs. Among those factors were that the total number of players said to be on the list far exceeded the number of collected specimens that tested positive. In addition, there were questions raised regarding the lab that performed the testing and their interpretation of the positive tests. Also, the statement pointed out that certain legal supplements that were available over the counter at the time could possibly cause a positive test result."

im not saying i think papi never took them, but he is the only one ever accused to have the head of the player's union directly defend him personally

I just wish ARod would retire and fade away into the background.

(08-26-2013, 06:37 PM)pyr0punk Wrote: I think the yankees are going to get out of a huge mistake i.e. his contract. which I think is bull - for a team that has spent the better part of my life throwing money at talented players the time that it might backfire the MLB is going to let them off the hook -blah-
+5,714 AMEN!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

I think ARod was held in a different light because he was recruiting players for the Biogenesis lab and then, as Jacoby stated, tried to cover his tracks using underhanded means. That didn't go over too well. He knows what he did and he knows that it was wrong. He must've just felt he was above it all. I guess coming up with all the talent he had and all the accolades that came his way from the very start, and being heralded as the next greatest player behind Ken Griffey Jr. all went to his head.

I have been collecting cards since 1970, probably before some of your parents were born. I was collecting ARod from day one and I picked up his rookie cards during his rookie year and I currently have over 2100 different cards of him, so I have an investment in him. Obviously my investment is nothing in ARod money but, believe me, it's a lot in Zeprock money. I feel betrayed. For all those years I thought I was collecting a bonafide superstar. He came up with Jeter and Nomar and the three of them were redefining the shortstop position with their athleticism and ability to hit. I'm disgusted with him. I'm not going to burn his cards but will keep them knowing that he was a selfish man who wanted everything and would do what he felt he had to do to achieve it. I'm afraid he feels so entitled that he won't feel any shame for what he's done. There have been a lot of kids wearing ARod jerseys over the course of his career. Sad.

Regarding my original post, I wasn't serious about stating that there should be a new rule. I just thought it was food for thought. I don't want anyone to seriously hurt him but if he came to the plate each time with his mind scrambling, (What have I done off this guy? Is he going to plunk me?) I think that would mess with him and that would be a different type of punishment.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(08-26-2013, 08:40 PM)zeprock Wrote: I have been collecting cards since 1970, probably before some of your parents were born.
Hey Zep, both of my parents were born in 1950.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!