`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need COMC.com Advice Please

Need COMC.com Advice Please
Finally decided to get out of the hobby for good and was wondering if Comc.com is worth selling on? I usually do Ebay only and know next to nothing about COMC. I have sold some PC items on Ebay already and am already bored with listing. What dollar value items would make sense to sell on COMC? Should I wait for a promotion before sending my first batch of cards in? Am I going to get whacked with all kinds of fees? Should I just stick with Ebay? Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom Smile

RE: Need COMC.com Advice Please
It depends how fast you want to sell your cards. I wouldn't recommend it if you're not wanting to wait for a couple years, avoid COMC. Plus, no matter what you'll have cards that never sell. COMC also takes a lot of maintenance. The fees will also take more money per card than Ebay, but you'd probably get less overall if you put it in lots.

I like COMC because it can be fun, but if you're trying to get out of the hobby it would be tough because you'd be spending so much time around cards. Like an alcoholic working in a bar...
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

might be easier to sell lots on here or ebay, and maybe throw some singles of higherend or odder cards on comc and let them do the shipping for you

Unfortunately you just missed the seller promotion, which coupled with the first time seller discount you are eligible for would have been $50 for a 660 count box.

With COMC you have your per item insertion fee, a cashout fee, and a monthly storage fee per item priced over 75 cents of a penny per item that kicks in after 3 months. The fee that bothers people the most is the cashout fee because most people don't recognize that COMC is a consignment service and most consignors that run online listings for you charge 35-50% of the sale for their services.

I routinely sell cards on COMC in the 50 cents to 5 dollar range that I couldn't get a penny for at shows and wouldn't dare try to list on eBay.

I look at it this way: are the costs involved worth having someone else scan, identify, list, and store my cards while dealing with worrying about any attempts at buyer fraud or returns (once it sells I get paid), leaving me to do nothing but price my cards and sell them? In my case, the answer is a resounding yes.

Thanks for the advice and info everyone. For now I am gong to stick with Ebay and maybe do a few flea markets to get rid of what I can and go from there. If COMC has another good promotion I may try them out but my guess is that whatever I can't sell through Ebay or flea markets will be given away to a local boys and girls club or maybe Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia.
(08-25-2013, 05:03 PM)cross4444 Wrote: I like COMC because it can be fun, but if you're trying to get out of the hobby it would be tough because you'd be spending so much time around cards. Like an alcoholic working in a bar...
Cards really used to be an addiction for me so this statement was never far off before. I have now gotten to the point with cards as I did with cigarettes. I am tired of them and know I really am ready to quit. BTW haven't touched a cigarette since quitting the last time so cards will be a breeze