`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need and opinion

Need and opinion
Ok looking for a few opinions. I mainly collect Detroit Tigers cards and I've been thinking of putting together a set for the 68 world series team and the 84 world series team. My question is for the 1968 team should I use the 1968 Topps or the 1969 Topps that has the world series inserts? On my birthday earlier this year I was able to go to a game and pick up the special coin they were giving away for the 68 world series team. I was thinking of doing some type of display with the coin and the cards. Thanks for any input!

RE: Need and opinion
I would think 68 is more representative of the WS team.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

the 1969 topps represent the 1968 team. the 1968 topps team represents the 1967 team

so you go with the 69 set. bonus: you can also get some additional tigers cards most oikely (world series cards, playoff cards)

'69 set (why not get them both!)
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Thanks guys I was thinking the 69 would definitely be a better idea and depending on how I decide to display it would look pretty cool.

(08-22-2013, 11:44 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: the 1969 topps represent the 1968 team. the 1968 topps team represents the 1967 team

so you go with the 69 set. bonus: you can also get some additional tigers cards most oikely (world series cards, playoff cards)
right on, 69 so you have the 68 team
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

check this lot out to get yourself a checklist. There's many ways that you could collect around those WS teams.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Topps-Baseb...25819a39d6

Best,
Danny

Awesome thanks for the link!

Go for both 68 and 69
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]