`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Collectors vs Re-sellers on eBay

RE: Collectors vs Re-sellers on eBay
I don't consider myself a typical buyer. Now, I will buy if I find an insane deal (like the 2009 Aaron Rodgers Bowman Sterling Jersey refractor /5 I got for 30 bucks), but normally, if I find something I want, and it's a reasonable price, I'll send an offer that's a little lower than what they are asking for it, and normally I get a buy off of it.

Now, one of the cards I want, the 2012 Jordy Nelson Chrome Superfractor, has been listed on the bay for a while now for a buy it now for $399. I'm sorry, but it's NOWHERE near worth that. I got a factory sealed 1/1 Prizm Pylon Nelson for 70 bucks. Most printing plates and 1/1's for him seem to go around the 60 dollar range, and that's about what I'd be willing to pay, but 399?? No way.

I appreciate all the comments and totally agree that it depends which side of the transaction you are looking at this from. I guess I just got frustrated with a card I have listed right now that, in its BGS 9.5 form, sold for ~$175. I have a PSA 10 version of it and the only bid I've received so far was for $50...I mean, if you want the card, be fair. eBay is expensive enough with their 10% fees and Paypal transaction fees that low-ball offers make for even worse deals when factoring that into the equation.

Just wanted to vent - appreciate both sides and since I'm a fairly selective colletor (only collect 3-4 players: Montana, Rice, Peyton Manning, Barry Sanders), I don't find myself in a position to make lower than market offers since the cards I want are usually getting a lot of attention.

I guess I just wish there were more true collectors than guys looking to make money off the transaction. I want to collect cards that I'll be proud to own 10 years from now and give to my kids.
Hug it Out...

(08-22-2013, 10:27 AM)nol84kc Wrote: I feel compelled as a seller to list my items at high buy it now best offer prices to offset the ridiculous fees associated with ebay and paypal. It is tough to sell on there
Agreed 10000%!!! There fees are outrageous!!!

[Image: vBmHxKD.png]