`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
My Grade!

RE: My Grade!
Well... sorry to go off topic of everyone else... but congrats on the sweet card! Once I win the lotto I'll buy the luck NT lol
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

(08-21-2013, 02:29 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: Since you replied to my comment, I'm under the assumption that you don't think that my Nolan Ryan card is 9.5 worthy. Is this true?
Not true, in my book if you get three 10s it should grade at least a 9.5 if the final sub is above an 8
(08-21-2013, 03:41 PM)chasescardcave Wrote: Well... sorry to go off topic of everyone else... but congrats on the sweet card! Once I win the lotto I'll buy the luck NT lol
Thanks man, Ill post pics once I get it

[Image: vBmHxKD.png]

(08-22-2013, 05:14 AM)s1020 Wrote: Not true, in my book if you get three 10s it should grade at least a 9.5 if the final sub is above an 8[h
just wondering what your logic is on that

(08-22-2013, 06:16 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: just wondering what your logic is on that
The law of averages. If you get 3-10s on any card with the final sub being an 8 or above the average of those four subs is 9.5. Let alone how difficult it is to get 3-10s. This whole Beckett formula for deciding on final grades must have been created by the same person that came up with the BCS formula. And we all know how well that works. LOL

After reading everything in this post and with all the secrecy around how they actually determine a final grade its making me not want to have anything graded again. If im paying Good money to have them grade my cards then I would like to know just how those final grades are determined.

(08-22-2013, 05:14 AM)s1020 Wrote: Not true, in my book if you get three 10s it should grade at least a 9.5 if the final sub is above an 8
No, no. You must have misunderstood me. In your post, you said how you could tell that the card didn't deserve the grade that it got. ie. soft corners, off-centering. So when you replied to my post, I thought that you were saying that my card was an example of what you were talking about.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(08-22-2013, 07:42 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: No, no. You must have misunderstood me. In your post, you said how you could tell that the card didn't deserve the grade that it got. ie. soft corners, off-centering. So when you replied to my post, I thought that you were saying that my card was an example of what you were talking about.
No that wasn't the case at all, I think your card deserves the 9.5. I think that I replied to the wrong post.

(08-22-2013, 07:13 AM)s1020 Wrote: The law of averages. If you get 3-10s on any card with the final sub being an 8 or above the average of those four subs is 9.5. Let alone how difficult it is to get 3-10s. This whole Beckett formula for deciding on final grades must have been created by the same person that came up with the BCS formula. And we all know how well that works. LOL

After reading everything in this post and with all the secrecy around how they actually determine a final grade its making me not want to have anything graded again. If im paying Good money to have them grade my cards then I would like to know just how those final grades are determined.
It is not an average. And the algorithm is proprietary and doesn't have to be disclosed. It's what sets them apart from PSA & SGC. It's like KFC and their secret spices. You would be rejected IF you asked them for their secret recipe.
(08-22-2013, 07:48 AM)s1020 Wrote: No that wasn't the case at all, I think your card deserves the 9.5. I think that I replied to the wrong post.
Ok, great!! Thanks man!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(08-22-2013, 07:50 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: It is not an average. And the algorithm is proprietary and doesn't have to be disclosed. It's what sets them apart from PSA & SGC. It's like KFC and their secret spices. You would be rejected IF you asked them for their secret recipe.

Ok, great!! Thanks man!!
I disagree on this, I don't believe that its their algorithm that sets them apart at all, its becketts name, reputation, and history in this industry that sets them apart. They have a level of trust that other companies don't. IF you had KFCs recipe you could duplicate their exact product. But grading is, even with their algorithm, subjective based on the person that is actually grading your card and that's where the trust factor plays in. That's why I believe that even if I had their formula I could not duplicate the trust and reputation they have in this industry.