`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Redeemed redemption cards

Redeemed redemption cards
Out of curiosity, why do people buy these?
Always looking for Russell Wilson RC Autos, Andrew Luck RC Autos, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Michael Jordan

RE: Redeemed redemption cards
I've seen them on the bay before, but I've never actually seen anybody buy them.... Not sure, I know I wouldn't buy them. Maybe the person selling it thinks that somebody will buy them hoping to use them again? Only thing I can think of that would make sense.

Maybe same reason people buy empty hobby boxes.

They feel closer to the big pull.
[Image: newbanner_zps2f5eedb8.jpg]
Collect: Aaron Rodgers, Mike Evans, & Felix Hernandez,
"2 rules for success. #1 Dont tell them everything you know."
http://photobucket.com/4TRADEFAVRE3MVP

ive seen some people claim that its a unique card of that player, and that player collectors would want to have it in their collection just as much as the card its redeemed for.

but I still believe its just some jabroni trying to pull a quick one over on others and see if someone will bid on it and not pay attention to the fact its been redeemed.
[Image: VNTYXbe-Copy_zps4a0bcd1a.png]

going along with what the previous poster mentioned....

a lot of older Fleer redemptions (particularly early 2000s) actually used mock-ups of what the redemption card would look like (have a 2002 Fleer Maximum Pudge Rodriguez bat card redemption that I never sent in for example)

also, I know the 2002 Fleer Greats of the Game had some autograph redemptions which were just the base card with different colored borders and some mention of it being a redemption on the front and back (have a Bobby Bonds floating around here somewhere that I never sent in)

so, in that sense.....I would certainly consider them hard to find, oddball cards of the pictured player

as for anything else that is just a bunch of text.....I don't see the collectibility factor
FINALLY!!!! A good reason to get excited about Dodger baseball in 2013!!!

[Image: puigtrio2_zps25e65fc1.jpg]

(08-20-2013, 09:52 AM)philc80 Wrote: Out of curiosity, why do people buy these?
Yeah I see people listing Jordan redeemed redemption cards all the time with a buy it now price for like $600 and I laugh every time and think the same thing.
[Image: vBmHxKD.png]

I forget where I read it, but someone said that people will buy them and attempt to use the code, and when it says that the code is invalid they call up the manufacturer and say that they just pulled the redemption that day and the code doesn't work.
[Image: VNTYXbe-Copy_zps4a0bcd1a.png]

i have a couple customers that buy them. the thinking goes: the redemptions are actually rarer than the card itself

they dont pay a lot, but they do buy them