Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Need help with my Emmitt Smith/s!
Question 
Need help with my Emmitt Smith/s!
I'm going through my entire collection of Cowboys and adding every single one to my PC Category (time-consuming) and I came across these two seperate cards and im stumped at to which of the four options they go into...the card/s in question are from the 1996 Pacific Litho collection and both are #28, that much I do know. Now, are they considered two seperate cards or do they form to make one card?

Here's a scan of them seperated...

[Image: 1996PacificLitho-CelsEmmittSmith_zpsa0d88089.jpg]

...and here they are combined to make one colored card (which is awesome!)

[Image: 1996PacificLitho-CelsEmmittSmithCOMBINED...8465a3.jpg]

Beckett has four options that they could be:

1996 Pacific Litho-Cel #28 Emmitt Smith
1996 Pacific Litho-Cel Bronze #28 Emmitt Smith
1996 Pacific Litho-Cel Cels #28 Emmitt Smith
1996 Pacific Litho-Cel Silver #28 Emmitt Smith

So...to the "veteran" collectors of Beckett, can you help a relatively new guy to the hobby?
[Image: Desertfox24.gif]

Collecting Ed "Too Tall" Jones and Dallas Cowboys!
Also collecting: Dez Bryant, Keke Coutee, Jorvorskie Lane, Ken Houston and Reggie McNeal

http://s1339.beta.photobucket.com/user/D...1/library/

RE: Need help with my Emmitt Smith/s!
Holy crap. I can't help, but that is awesome. I've never seen those before (I took a break from about 1989 - 2002 before geekdom caught back up).

That is so cool.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

from what I recall...the one on the right is considered the "Cel" card....so that would be the third option on your list........the one on the left is the primary card and comes in gold, silver, bronze variation in the player name area
didregard what I just said......most of it anyway.....just did a quick bit of research (have a lot of these stored away in a box somewhere that I might have to find now).....the card on the left is indeed the primary card but is considered the Cel card (#3 on your list) and it's the acetate card that comes in varying colors (silver, bronze, etc.).......there are also proof versions but they are serial numbered
FINALLY!!!! A good reason to get excited about Dodger baseball in 2013!!!

[Image: puigtrio2_zps25e65fc1.jpg]

(08-19-2013, 06:49 PM)ugameck Wrote: Holy crap. I can't help, but that is awesome. I've never seen those before (I took a break from about 1989 - 2002 before geekdom caught back up).

That is so cool.
Right? These were actually given to me by i think TXViking along with the other 80+ cards so that's why I don't know anything about them and it's my first time seeing them too, way awesome!
(08-19-2013, 06:51 PM)cartman Wrote: from what I recall...the one on the right is considered the "Cel" card....so that would be the third option on your list........the one on the left is the primary card and comes in gold, silver, bronze variation in the player name area
didregard what I just said......most of it anyway.....just did a quick bit of research (have a lot of these stored away in a box somewhere that I might have to find now).....the card on the left is indeed the primary card but is considered the Cel card (#3 on your list) and it's the acetate card that comes in varying colors (silver, bronze, etc.).......there are also proof versions but they are serial numbered
So in other words it's the 2nd and 3rd option i should add? I'm glad i'm not just dumb, it's kinda confusing lol!
[Image: Desertfox24.gif]

Collecting Ed "Too Tall" Jones and Dallas Cowboys!
Also collecting: Dez Bryant, Keke Coutee, Jorvorskie Lane, Ken Houston and Reggie McNeal

http://s1339.beta.photobucket.com/user/D...1/library/

(08-19-2013, 07:17 PM)DesertFox24 Wrote: Right? These were actually given to me by i think TXViking along with the other 80+ cards so that's why I don't know anything about them and it's my first time seeing them too, way awesome!
I got some like this from TXViking as well!
Troy Aikman (both pieces) and just the Cel window for Rodney Hampton. These things are really neat, never seen them before, and have to track down the second piece for Hampton now!
[Image: 2yxmaPs.png]
Sig courtesy of jbel4331

Mostly collecting NYG, Ray Lewis and Kobe Bryant