`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps redemption code ruined

Topps redemption code ruined
Hey all, I feel like a real moron. I just pulled a Triple Crown Relic redemption card and in the process of scratching the code, I scratched too hard and ripped up the code so I can't read it. Has anyone else done this? I tried calling Topps but they're closed, so I'll call back tomorrow. Hopefully something can be done.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

RE: Topps redemption code ruined
(08-19-2013, 04:54 PM)cross4444 Wrote: Hey all, I feel like a real moron. I just pulled a Triple Crown Relic redemption card and in the process of scratching the code, I scratched too hard and ripped up the code so I can't read it. Has anyone else done this? I tried calling Topps but they're closed, so I'll call back tomorrow. Hopefully something can be done.
The whole code is trashed? I did this to a couple of numbers on one and just kept trying different numbers till it worked. Topps may not help you out with this. It's worth a chance though.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

Yeah, I've got just the last four digits. There's another serial number on the card that I hope can give them some info along with the UPC number on the box. I'm kind of pissed because I wasn't pressing hard, I just couldn't get the silver stuff to come off without the quarter shredding up the paper underneath.
Alex Gordon collector and author of http://viewfromtheskybox.blogspot.com/

[Image: W2WNKId.png]

Another reason Topps is the greatest.

Maybe now they're making the scratch-offs too hard to actually scratch off, so that they no longer have to honor the redemptions they didn't plan on honoring in the first place.

(08-19-2013, 06:11 PM)cross4444 Wrote: Yeah, I've got just the last four digits. There's another serial number on the card that I hope can give them some info along with the UPC number on the box. I'm kind of pissed because I wasn't pressing hard, I just couldn't get the silver stuff to come off without the quarter shredding up the paper underneath.
I've done this before, losing a couple digits. I called them, then sent in the card with a letter of explanation and had no issues with it. Hopefully they'll do the same for you!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

(08-19-2013, 07:19 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: I've done this before, losing a couple digits. I called them, then sent in the card with a letter of explanation and had no issues with it. Hopefully they'll do the same for you!
Justin you got to re-integrate that Gordie Howe quote back into your sig somehow. Smile
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

(08-19-2013, 04:54 PM)cross4444 Wrote: Hey all, I feel like a real moron. I just pulled a Triple Crown Relic redemption card and in the process of scratching the code, I scratched too hard and ripped up the code so I can't read it. Has anyone else done this? I tried calling Topps but they're closed, so I'll call back tomorrow. Hopefully something can be done.
Sucks. I use a razor to gently remove the code covering because that almost happened to me with a quarter. I made a few lucky guesses for the missing/mutilated code elements and got it after a few tries. I think you can just snail mail the card to topps ... That's why the name / address lines on the back are for .. Right above the code bar.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Had this happen to me. Couldn't read 1 or 2 characters b/c I scratched too hard with a coin (have been very careful ever since).

Topps said to mail it in old school style and they can still take care of it on their end. They said to call back in like 2 weeks to make sure the redemption got entered into the system on my account. I did and everything went smooth.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

I find that Nickles work best when scratching codes. Quarters have soft edges so you have to press harder.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

i did the same thing on my mike olt redemption. kept guessing the missing letters only i got it right lol.