`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What in the world is this...

What in the world is this...
I was searching through some old cards last night and noticed the back of a card said Mickey Mantle so I was like sweet a Mantle card. Then I turn it over and saw Edgar Renteria. I am assuming this is a misprint. What you guys think?

[Image: 20130818_210153_zps98ba6fed.jpg]
[Image: 20130818_210140_zps502ae75b.jpg]

RE: What in the world is this...
You have a Topps Pepsi card
They are somewhat rare because the cards only came in 12 pack Pepsi boxes. P7 is one of about 5 uncorrected error cards in the 220 card set.
Super collector of Matt Harvey

(08-18-2013, 09:15 PM)zanderlex Wrote: You have a Topps Pepsi card
They are somewhat rare because the cards only came in 12 pack Pepsi boxes. P7 is one of about 5 uncorrected error cards in the 220 card set.
Is it somewhat valuable? Should I sell or keep it?
Thanks for all that info!

Here is a Sold list for the Mantle front/Renteria back:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=200...e&_sacat=0

Not valuable apparently, but most likely really hard to find.
Shawn Green PC:
377 unique cards
76 GU & Patches
5 Autos

According to ebay, you can get maybe 5 dollars for it. But that is for the regular card. On ebay, it shows Mantle on the front with Renteria on the back. That is how the card is supposed to look. This is a reversed card so there might only be about 1 third of the regular cards. (If there are 100 regular cards, there will be about 30 of yours)

This is a special type of error card, so if you are lucky enough to find the small group of people who collect these, you could possibly fetch nearly $100 if you sell it to the right person.

But trust me, finding the right person will be tough. Not even 25% of all card shops know the card exists.
Super collector of Matt Harvey

Thank you for all your info! Ill call around and see if anyone would like to buy it off me. If not I got a unique card haha.