`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2012-13 Elite

2012-13 Elite
This is the second box of a Panini product I have opened following one of Threads.

Once again I liked the look of the cards — pretty clean looking, but was very disappointed with the results.

I don't normally like to use hyperbole but I think this is probably the worst box I have ever opened. (There may have been worse but if there were I banished them from memory).

Here are the hits, such as they are.

[Image: 20zobh3.jpg]

The Gervin is numbered to 56 and the Collison to 24

[Image: 35idnx5.jpg]

The Pearl plus rookies of Perry Jones and Brandon Knight

[Image: wb6q0i.jpg]

Arggg, just horrible. Zeller is numbered to 199.

I do like the Gervin (more so than the gold parallel) and I would never complain about an Earl Monroe but as for the rest.

Also picked up the following inserts for what it's worth:

Rookie Elite: Lillard and Marshon Brooks
Elite Series: Deron Williams and Danny Granger
Prime Numbers: Jason Terry and David Robinson
Craftsmen: Zach Randolph and Kevin Garnett

Edit: Oh yeah, Kobe pack had nothing either.

Open to suggestions for what I should look at for next month's box.
[Image: 15d2r7p.jpg]

RE: 2012-13 Elite
not to bad
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

Nice hit on the gold DC. I can't believe they're releasing this product again but calling it 12'13 "Elite Series"...so "nice" they will release it twice.
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

(08-20-2013, 11:35 AM)vgqv Wrote: Nice hit on the gold DC. I can't believe they're releasing this product again but calling it 12'13 "Elite Series"...so "nice" they will release it twice.
Yeah, exactly ... saw the news on the home page yesterday and just assumed it was the 2013-14 product ... I was like, cool, we get the new rookies pretty early — then I realized it was last year's product.

What specifically is the point of releasing a 2012-13 product right now?

(08-21-2013, 01:10 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Yeah, exactly ... saw the news on the home page yesterday and just assumed it was the 2013-14 product ... I was like, cool, we get the new rookies pretty early — then I realized it was last year's product.

What specifically is the point of releasing a 2012-13 product right now?
Hmmm, I would suppose greed, eh? Panini is horrible.

I wish there was an alternative. Wouldn't matter to me if it were Topps or Upper Deck, just as long as the alternative company can make licensed NBA cards.
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

(08-22-2013, 02:54 AM)vgqv Wrote: Hmmm, I would suppose greed, eh? Panini is horrible.

I wish there was an alternative. Wouldn't matter to me if it were Topps or Upper Deck, just as long as the alternative company can make licensed NBA cards.
I actually like Panini, but I think they're putting out too many products ... would much rather have a fresh 13-14 product to bust right now than another 12-13, especially since it's like two months after the Finals, LOL

(08-22-2013, 07:23 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I actually like Panini, but I think they're putting out too many products ... would much rather have a fresh 13-14 product to bust right now than another 12-13, especially since it's like two months after the Finals, LOL
Hoops Pretty soon RJ!...not that I will be grabbing any but it should be out pretty soon.

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

Hey, you did better than me. I just busted one. Got Jan Vesely, Qunicy Acy, and Jonas Valanciunas Rookie Inscriptions, Jermaine O'Neal Back to the Future relic, Kevin Garnett Blue die cut (72/95) and Karl Malone Red Die Cut (18/32). Rookies were Tristan Thompson and Jeff Taylor.

Booo!

Elite series is actually a different product. You might call it the 2012-13 version of Elite Black box.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.