`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really?

RE: Really?
Huh. Shows how clueless I am. Been collecting Ginter for years and never came across these. Probably heard about them but didn't interested me and never thought twice about it. Don't really get the whole putting "anything" into a card? The cards are already apparently short printed to /10. Isn't that enough? They have to put a random piece of something in there too? To each his own I guess.

It's whimsical and IMO a much better offering than the Animal Kingdom maunfactured patch things from Goodwin Champions. I don't try collecting either of them but I think it's a nice way to break up the monotony of prospects and 20 different colored parallel refractors. To each their own indeed Smile
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

(08-17-2013, 05:22 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: It's whimsical and IMO a much better offering than the Animal Kingdom maunfactured patch things from Goodwin Champions. I don't try collecting either of them but I think it's a nice way to break up the monotony of prospects and 20 different colored parallel refractors. To each their own indeed Smile
Yeah I didn't get those animal patch cards either. I'm amazed at the $$$ being shelled out for these.

(08-17-2013, 03:04 PM)mgruber2 Wrote: Browsing the bay when I stumbled upon this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Allen-and-G...3942102%26

Is Topps really doing this? Just putting any old piece of cloth into a card or is this some a*****e trying to make a buck? The back of the card even says "the relic featured on this card is not from anything at all". LMFAO!! The relic IS from SOMETHING or it would not exist. Bidding is already over $200. Unbelievable!!
Stupid people are stupid !!!!!
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards

It makes sense. "Game used" jersey cards are no longer guaranteed from any game or any event or anything, what's the difference? I'm sure in my collection are a couple "fairy" game used cards aka not really used by the person on the card lol.

I bet the people bidding on that think we're stupid for buying patches and graded cards etc.

It seems like collecting that set would be one heck of a chase. Not for me, but I bet it would be fun.
[Image: h6wRomT.png]