`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
WTF T206

WTF T206
Looking to start a hopeless journey that should last the rest of my natural life. The White Borders. LOL.

I am only looking to trade, and specifically for the "lesser conditioned" cards. Poor is okay and preferred as long as you can still tell what it is. I have started loading my cards for trade (slow process) so jlmk what player you're interested in if not loaded already. I have some vintage baseball, a lot of 80s-2005 baseball, some football, basketball (mainly gu and autos there), a little golf, and a few hockey gu. I also have a ton of other stuff to trade. e-mail or PM jfmjr1@aol.com, thanks for the read.

Now, my reason why I've set out on this journey:

I believe there is a bigger story to the backs, especially the rare backs, I've read blogs, etc.... for nearly a decade, and what I have come to believe is that one of the so called common backs, is not so common. Of course, I'll only be able to prove this over many years as I trade for and obtain these cards, or at the very least the data to support my theory. Anyways, I hope to do some trading, I know it will be hard.

RE: WTF T206
on this quest there are some very common backs but you will have to look at factory on the back as well these are even harder to find. I have a few of the rarer factory backs but these are also in my set I am trying to complete (10 years now but took this year off)
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

do you have any with the "adhensive strip" on them? I've only seen a 3 all were sovereign 150 factory 25, same as the one I have

the adhesive strip is tape residue. they are on a bunch of the cards. back in the day the kids would put tape on them and stick them to a baseball feild poster or photbook or there is actually a craft word for it
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

the donlin I have has a protective (peel off) over the adhevsive, not quite dead center & not sticky at all, but when lifted the underneath is like a glue, I decided to leave it on, as the donlin have in excellent condition. exactly the same as were the other 3 i've ran across since 2001 positioning size, looks from factory.
http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz65/...f41412.jpg
The strip visible is as slick as a baby's bottom not sticky nor tacky, not anything but slick, but lift it with a razor blade, sticky underneath. It has been placed there by a machine for sure. I don't know when, which is why I am on this journey, I've seen 3 others Calf, Tx, and another here in Fl. exact same position and line of adhesion. The last time I sought out information on these was to no avail, just the other 3 turned up, not to mention hardly anyone has the sovereign 150 backs, which are supposed to be one of the most readily available and common backs from factory 25. I really do believe that first print run was huge, but many were designed for an album thus resulting in the rarity of those particular backs today. I believe the albums are long since gone. Anyways, I have now started to collect the set, and amass as much information regarding those backs as possible.
Sovereign 150 backs known to me, held by collectors, with Wayne's topping the list at 6,5,4,3,3,2,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1.. should be 36 total so far (this does not include any seen on ebay although they are scarce there as well and not often seen: reasoning some of the ones counted for collectors, may be listed on ebay as well, but doubtful). If anyone has any, PM me preferably or post to this thread. Thanks