`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My WBC Tribute experimentation (updated)

RE: My WBC Tribute experimentation (updated)
!st, thanks for sharing and congrats on your pick-ups. I was really into the WBC this year except for team Italy, but that's for another thread. Anyway, this product was way over-priced and now is at the range it should have been. I do love all the different colors and seeing players in thier real "home" uni's.

In regards to the relics....I think the lower numbered one is mostly a front letter (though almost all white) the the multi-colored is from the number on the back. Guess whomever was making the cards that day decided the front letter was the bigger hit. LOL....
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(08-15-2013, 10:18 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: !st, thanks for sharing and congrats on your pick-ups. I was really into the WBC this year except for team Italy, but that's for another thread. Anyway, this product was way over-priced and now is at the range it should have been. I do love all the different colors and seeing players in thier real "home" uni's.

In regards to the relics....I think the lower numbered one is mostly a front letter (though almost all white) the the multi-colored is from the number on the back. Guess whomever was making the cards that day decided the front letter was the bigger hit. LOL....
That's about as good a theory as there can be. Certainly explains why there would be that difference. I was thinking it was pure randomness, but I think you're onto something! LOL
so, why were you down on Italy?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(08-16-2013, 02:56 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: That's about as good a theory as there can be. Certainly explains why there would be that difference. I was thinking it was pure randomness, but I think you're onto something! LOL
so, why were you down on Italy?
National pride I guess. Just felt that your "heritage" shouldn't qualify you to play for another country and other than loving the game, why would a player want to play for another country then thier own? Was torn about the jewish americans who were thinking of playing for team Israel also. The concept is country aginst county. If it's the World Baseball Heritage Classic, then I have no problem with folks playing for other countries. If that were the case...there would probably be no Team USA unless there are sufficiant numbers with native american in them. Just my 2 cents...which have absolutly nothing to do with your awesome experiment!

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(08-16-2013, 07:32 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: National pride I guess. Just felt that your "heritage" shouldn't qualify you to play for another country and other than loving the game, why would a player want to play for another country then thier own? Was torn about the jewish americans who were thinking of playing for team Israel also. The concept is country aginst county. If it's the World Baseball Heritage Classic, then I have no problem with folks playing for other countries. If that were the case...there would probably be no Team USA unless there are sufficiant numbers with native american in them. Just my 2 cents...which have absolutly nothing to do with your awesome experiment!
I had no problem with guys playing for other countries, but under certain parameters. If they were born there, or they lived there in early childhood I have no problem, but if its like "6 degrees of Kevin Bacon" in order to connect them to a country ... Well that's ridiculous!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.