`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGS Grading - Centering Question

BGS Grading - Centering Question
I am putting together another submission and was curious what you all thought of the centering on this card. I know the Left/Right is off and the Top/Bottom looks fine. What do you think this would score for the centering subgrade?

[Image: Weaver1of1_zps6522f180.jpg]

[Image: Nick.jpg]

RE: BGS Grading - Centering Question
9 is the best that will get as a sub for Centering...
Its too far left to right to get a 9.5 for centering, but maybe it might get a 9.5 overall if the rest of the subs are good enough...
Collecting BGS 9.5 MJ 90's inserts

[Image: MJBGS95PC_zpsaa817dfe.jpg]

I don't know man. I think that might be in the 8 range for centering. If you look up their grading criteria I think they list the splits (I.e. 50/50 vs 60/40 etc). You could take a ruler and get a pretty Goode sense.
[Image: lnuVdUL.png]

I'm guessing its 70/30, assuming the specs are on holder not the card as the corners and surface look sharp.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

Looks like 40/60 centering so IMO it would score an 8.5, maybe a 9.

How's the back? I've seen older cards w/ different centering on different sides which can factor in as well. Not sure if that would happen on a card this new, but ya never know.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]