`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
The one you sold or traded and why.

The one you sold or traded and why.
I wanna see the card or piece you let go and why you did. I bought this for $225 and sold it for $400. In 2010 my wife said if I wanted to go to the world series I had to buy my ticket. I went to game 2 witch the Giants won 9-0. My ticket was $388.

[Image: MAGGLIO.jpg]

RE: The one you sold or traded and why.
I dont have a pic of it anymore. But mine was http://www.beckett.com/football/2007/don...10-6018046. Sold it about 2 years back for 200.00
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Pulled this from a 4 Packs Break and Sold it for $545.00 2 Years ago. Reason for selling? Financial Difficulties.
[Image: 100_1224.jpg]
KOBE BRYANT Card Breakdown - 3 Auto's, 38 GU's, 192 RC's, Inserts and Base, 17 Duplicates. Total = 250 Cards
MIKE TROUT Card Breakdown - 2 Auto's, 4 GU's, 83 RC's, Inserts and Base, 30 Duplicates. Total = 119 Cards

The only card that I have sold recently that I actually wanted to keep is this.

[Image: 8640135105c4e39284057410f631be20_zps4427feb9.jpg]

The reason I sold it? I got 475 bucks for it, that's why lol. I couldn't pass up the offer even though I wanted to keep that in my collection. I'll probably be able to pick another one up in a couple years unless he keep playing solid ball.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

I have 3 items that I sold that I wish I didn't have to.

1) 1979-80 Topps Wayne Gretzky RC PSA 7
2) 1985-86 Topps Patrick Roy RC PSA 7

The 3rd and in my opinion the most important was a 2002-03 UD Rookie Update Complete Set. Only 199 of these sets could be completed, and I traded and bought all the cards including all 3 versions of the rookie inspiration dual jersey cards. (Each rookie was paired with 3 different verterans).

I spent a lot of time and money building that set, and when I had to piece it out, I wasn't very happy. I lost my job and had no choice.

I also had to sell my 2000-01 through 2002-03 Topps Heritage Hockey sets. I wasn't as attached to those, but I really liked having them in my collection.

That was really when I gave up on the hobby. It was a sad day for me.
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

[Image: photo_zpsc44cee91.jpg?t=1376493340]

I pulled this last week from a pack of Allen & Ginter. It was the first 1/1 I've ever pulled, but I sold it almost immediately for a few reasons:

1) I knew I could fetch a good amount for it, after seeing what other wood 1/1's were going for.
2) I could use that money towards cards I really wanted.
3) I know I'm in the minority on this, but I can't stand "new" mini cards. I have a few T206 and pre 52 Bowman's, and I love them, but they're all slabbed or very secured upon purchase. Pulling minis out of packs is nerve racking for me. I always worry I'm going to chip the card or not have it secure, or worse, lose it because of the size.

I was very pleased when I got $500 for this.
[Image: indians_zps82881612.jpg]

- Jason Kipnis super collector
- Cleveland Indians Autos/Relics/Inserts/Parallels and Base Sets
- Superstar and HOF autos/relics

(08-14-2013, 10:24 AM)JamesMichael32 Wrote: 3) I know I'm in the minority on this, but I can't stand "new" mini cards. I have a few T206 and pre 52 Bowman's, and I love them, but they're all slabbed or very secured upon purchase. Pulling minis out of packs is nerve racking for me. I always worry I'm going to chip the card or not have it secure, or worse, lose it because of the size.

I was very pleased when I got $500 for this.
I feel the same way. I hate the new mini's.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

(08-14-2013, 10:32 AM)benner73 Wrote: I feel the same way. I hate the new mini's.
Glad I'm not the only one haha.
[Image: indians_zps82881612.jpg]

- Jason Kipnis super collector
- Cleveland Indians Autos/Relics/Inserts/Parallels and Base Sets
- Superstar and HOF autos/relics

I think the mini's are stupid too lol
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

(08-14-2013, 02:36 PM)SGC300ier Wrote: I think the mini's are stupid too lol
Shhhhh....mini's are GREAT (at least until we get our trades with Pete done and unload them! LOL)

I just hate that I can't find the binder sheets for them that easily at a decent price....they sure are a bugger to store and a pain to go through. Every storage box I open they are flying out or I drop them or bend them. To much of a headache.......

OP...sorry for the ramble. Really don't have anything that I've sold that I'm sorry for. (now the cards from my youth, that's a different story) Feel sorry for the people that have paid me $100+ dollars for a piece of cardboard with a picture and possibly some chicken scratch on it.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.