`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
The one you sold or traded and why.

RE: The one you sold or traded and why.
(08-14-2013, 10:24 AM)JamesMichael32 Wrote: [Image: photo_zpsc44cee91.jpg?t=1376493340]

I pulled this last week from a pack of Allen & Ginter. It was the first 1/1 I've ever pulled, but I sold it almost immediately for a few reasons:

1) I knew I could fetch a good amount for it, after seeing what other wood 1/1's were going for.
2) I could use that money towards cards I really wanted.
3) I know I'm in the minority on this, but I can't stand "new" mini cards. I have a few T206 and pre 52 Bowman's, and I love them, but they're all slabbed or very secured upon purchase. Pulling minis out of packs is nerve racking for me. I always worry I'm going to chip the card or not have it secure, or worse, lose it because of the size.

I was very pleased when I got $500 for this.
+1 on the mini cards I too hate them I would have done the same
[Image: 6C3028DA-222D-46AB-98B7-BD7D0829F4B5-819...1b74d5.jpg]

I love you guys Smile Even if you hate my collection, you feed it.
And nice sale on that Snider Wood mini, $500 is a fantastic price, must have found a rabid Dodger fan willing to pay that!
I'll be home on Saturday for anyone that wants to deal away any nasty unwanted minis Smile
My biggest regret, I pulled an on-card Ken Griffey Jr auto from '99 UD Legends (I think) and I sold it for a good amount just to turn around and buy more wax Sad If only I had todays discipline back in the 90's I wouldn't be sitting on 100+ monster boxes full of base cards.
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

If it wasn't something you were keeping I would say man you took a real hit with the Arod.

(08-14-2013, 06:37 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: I love you guys Smile Even if you hate my collection, you feed it.
And nice sale on that Snider Wood mini, $500 is a fantastic price, must have found a rabid Dodger fan willing to pay that!
I'll be home on Saturday for anyone that wants to deal away any nasty unwanted minis Smile
My biggest regret, I pulled an on-card Ken Griffey Jr auto from '99 UD Legends (I think) and I sold it for a good amount just to turn around and buy more wax Sad If only I had todays discipline back in the 90's I wouldn't be sitting on 100+ monster boxes full of base cards.
My poke at you was in fun Pete. Actually love your collection as it is VERY awesome....it's just that I'm a mini destroyer and fumbler.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

A complete set of 1983 Star Basketball for $2,000. At the time that was 90% of book. The guy set the cash on my coffee table and I needed the money at the time.

Mine was this one 'graded BGS 9 MINT' (my favorite card at the time) I sold it for a premium price so that I could redo a bathroom for my wife at the time around 2005'ish.....Present day, I divorced her in 2007, I'm a 1000 times more successful & have a WAAAAAAAAY better collection than I did when I was with her....SOOOO whoever is now living in that old house is taking a sh!t on my card :/ However I do have another one that I'm planning on sending in to get graded Smile Here's the card of my story:

[Image: MantleDimaggioDualJersey_zps899d9798.jpg]
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards

Great story I love it.